New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · 6D Anti-Alias Filter

billsamuels
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 6D Anti-Alias Filter

I'm wondering if anyone has experience having the anti-alias filter removed from their Canon camera, and more specifically the EOS 6D? Did you think it was worth it and could you see the difference before and after? Also, who does a good job and doesn't charge a lot?

I read an article where someone who shoots landscapes in Arizona had the AA filter removed from his 5DM2 and wouldn't have it any other way. He has other Canons as well that he had the AA filter removed. I looked at his photos and I do see that the photos are more saturated and sharper.

However, when I spoke to the manager at LifePixel, he said that although he doesn't see much difference, they do remove the filters for people and in fact, all of the modifications they do adding IR filters, requires the removal of the AA filter. I had them modify my Rebel SL1 a couple of years ago, but the photos are so intense (Super Color FiIlter), that it would be hard to see a difference.
Thanks.

Feb 04, 2017 at 01:08 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 6D Anti-Alias Filter

I never have but I did read that you lose the dust removal feature. I'm not sure if this is accurate but if important to you enquire about it.

Feb 04, 2017 at 09:54 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 6D Anti-Alias Filter

I've seen tests where it makes some difference but ultimately very little. Step up to the 5dsr would be a far better option

Feb 04, 2017 at 07:28 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 6D Anti-Alias Filter

RobDickinson wrote:
I've seen tests where it makes some difference but ultimately very little. Step up to the 5dsr would be a far better option

Rob,
- I already have a 5DSR. I was hoping to improve the 6D a bit. It has a spectacular sensor, but when you see photos from cameras w/o the AA filter, you can see the difference, at least in magazines. That doesn't mean that I'd see the same w/ this camera. I was just trying to figure out if I'd see the difference w/ the 6D to outweight the costs.
Thanks.
Bill

Feb 09, 2017 at 06:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.