Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · If this does not pit the Measurbators against the Zeiss Worshipers

LeifG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · If this does not pit the Measurbators against the Zeiss Worshipers

dmacmillan wrote:
I hope you're being facetious. I was a commercial photographer for 25 years. My clients could give a rats rear what equipment I used as long as I could deliver the image they needed.

I was not being facetious, I recall a professional making exactly the point I made. I think he did high paying jobs, so not your typical wedding or architecture pro. Of course it might be that he is a rare example, then again how many of these lenses do Zeiss sell?

Feb 09, 2017 at 05:18 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · If this does not pit the Measurbators against the Zeiss Worshipers

LeifG wrote:
I was not being facetious, I recall a professional making exactly the point I made. I think he did high paying jobs, so not your typical wedding or architecture pro. Of course it might be that he is a rare example, then again how many of these lenses do Zeiss sell?

Interesting. I'd like to know who that professional was.

I shot most of my commercial/industrial work on medium or large format back in the film days. Perhaps it was not an issue since Zeiss lenses were attached to Hasselblad bodies or Schneider Kreuznach or Nikkor lenses were on my Sinar lensboards.

The only time someone cared what I was shooting with was on sets at CBS Studio City or on sound stages at movie studios. Then I shot with Leica M cameras since they are so quiet.

Feb 09, 2017 at 09:21 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.