New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Roller Derby!

Two23
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Roller Derby!

I found out my small city has a roller derby team--the Roller Dollz! This looks like it might be a hoot to go see, but my wife just gave me "the look" when I brought it up. Maybe I can talk one of my kids into going. Anyway, it sounds pretty informal. Think they might let me in with my D800E and something like 85mm f1.8G lens to take some shots of the action? Maybe even get some nice posed shots of the girls? My oldest son said he knows a couple of them. When he said that, my wife immediately gave him "the look."

Kent in SD

Feb 02, 2017 at 07:56 PM
kingmeow
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Roller Derby!

Oh, I think we all know what "the look", well, looks like!

Disappointed that the YouTube clip was not a video. C'mon, test out that video function of your 800.

Feb 03, 2017 at 08:51 AM
jsv_20
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Roller Derby!

You better be careful because they may ask you to be their photographer...and then you'll get "the look" again!

Feb 03, 2017 at 08:55 AM
kingmeow
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Roller Derby!

jsv_20 wrote:
You better be careful because they may ask you to be their photographer...and then you'll get "the look" again!

Oh I don't think so!!!! He won't get "the look" again. It's more on the order of an eviction.

Feb 03, 2017 at 08:59 AM
madpogue

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Roller Derby!

Hmm, our town's RD league has been around for over 10 years, and my wife thinks it's cool; we've just never gotten around to attending. She actually got asked once if she'd be interested in skating with them; they didn't realize she was pushing 50 at the time...

OT roller-chick story - we had a couple of kittens we were trying to adopt out, and there was a block party with a sort of DIY parade, so we brought the kittens in a cage on a Radio Flyer wagon to walk in the parade. (They actually enjoyed it.) We were placed right behind the Mad Rollin' Dolls. Chicks were all up on their skates, so taller than a lot of the guys, flexing their tattoos and posing and lookin' all tough. Until one of them looks back at our wagon and immediately says "OOOoooh, KITTennzz!!" One by one, they turned into eight-year-old girls, wanting to pet and cuddle the kitttennnzz. Wife and I just cracked up.

Sounds like an awesome photo op, anyway.

Feb 03, 2017 at 12:07 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.