New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Fuji's next sale......

Edward Castro
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fuji's next sale......

dlabrecque wrote:
I expect the 16 will probably be updated eventually to make it weather resistant.

It already is.

Feb 02, 2017 at 04:42 PM
sunny_j

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fuji's next sale......

Do you guys think the XT-2 will be discounted in the upcoming sale in Canada?

Feb 02, 2017 at 07:05 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fuji's next sale......

sunny_j wrote:

That is a tough one. They still can't supply enough to the market, so slim chance.

Feb 02, 2017 at 10:51 PM
SSISteve
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fuji's next sale......

brian_f2.8 wrote:
Hopefully soon, I don't know what to do with my tax refund.

What's a tax refund??

Feb 03, 2017 at 04:03 AM
sunny_j

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Fuji's next sale......

cvrle59 wrote:
That is a tough one. They still can't supply enough to the market, so slim chance.

Looks like the xt-2 only went on sale in the states. Now is it worth it to pay about $100-$300 less and loose 1 years warranty. The xt-2 has a 2 year warranty in Canada vs 1 year in the states.

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/06169/Fujifilm-X-T2-price.html

Feb 03, 2017 at 04:27 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Fuji's next sale......

Mr. G wrote:
Thanks everyone.

RE: 42nd Street Photo. I know all about them. Somehow they have managed to stay in business (or at least the same name) for over 50 years. I have actually shopped in their retail store 40ish years ago. Same bullcrap then as now. I went to buy a specific camera they had advertised and all of a sudden they were out of stock but they had something even better to sell me....

I like the graph. I bought the 10-24 on the last dip. I will wait several weeks for the 16 to go on sale again. Just
...Show more

Hey, as long as you don't buy at every apex then you are doing okay

Feb 03, 2017 at 01:39 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Fuji's next sale......

sunny_j wrote:
Looks like the xt-2 only went on sale in the states. Now is it worth it to pay about $100-$300 less and loose 1 years warranty. The xt-2 has a 2 year warranty in Canada vs 1 year in the states.

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/06169/Fujifilm-X-T2-price.html

Also in the US you can get the battery grip for $100 at BH with the body. Another significant savings if you want the grip so this is now the first real "deal" I've seen in the last year buying anything in the US vs Canada.

Feb 03, 2017 at 01:40 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Fuji's next sale......

sunny_j wrote:

Maybe....in Canada they have been in stock very frequently recently....in the US not so much..... but the US has the best deal with only $100 extra for the battery grip at BH. $1599 w/o grip, $1699 with grip. The grip combo is worth getting from the states even with the duties. BH will give you the exact quote for all duties, taxes and shipping in the quote if you add it to the cart.

What I wonder if the 23 f/2 will finally be added to the sales this time. So far it hasn't been. I would guess it will be this time around.

Feb 03, 2017 at 01:43 PM
Nick3434
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Fuji's next sale......

SSISteve wrote:
What's a tax refund??

I was thinking the same thing....at least I am able to write off camera gear....

Damn, I really almost bought a lens from 42nd, it seemed legit, i am staying with the used market where it is safe hahaha.

Feb 08, 2017 at 11:45 PM
AEIOU9

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Fuji's next sale......

Does anyone have a sense of when Fuji typically starts the February sale?

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

AtomicPunk
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Fuji's next sale......

AEIOU9 wrote:

Don't quote me on this, but I think it is some time in February.

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Fuji's next sale......

In all seriousness, maybe they are waiting to actually have merchandise to sell. I've been waiting 3 weeks now for X-T2, grip and 16-55. All still on backorder almost everywhere, unless you want to pay full price without the bundle rebates.

What is strange, is when I check stock in other countries they all seem to have some, but the USA is dry, dry, dry!

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Fuji's next sale......

Maybe they are out of the boxes that have USA on them.

Feb 13, 2017 at 01:57 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Fuji's next sale......

AtomicPunk wrote:
In all seriousness, maybe they are waiting to actually have merchandise to sell. I've been waiting 3 weeks now for X-T2, grip and 16-55. All still on backorder almost everywhere, unless you want to pay full price without the bundle rebates.

What is strange, is when I check stock in other countries they all seem to have some, but the USA is dry, dry, dry!

Alot of other countries don't have the same sales and discounts here in the US. That's a factor as to why stock runs out so quickly.

Feb 13, 2017 at 03:02 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Fuji's next sale......

AEIOU9 wrote:

Mid-Feb last year....if I was to guess I'd say start of next week or late this week.....

http://fujiaddict.com/2016/02/15/the-big-fuji-sale-has-arrived-february-15th-april-2nd/

Feb 13, 2017 at 03:15 PM
Exposure101
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Fuji's next sale......

Impatiently waiting for Fuji sale so I can pick up an X-T2 and 23mm f2!

Feb 13, 2017 at 04:33 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Fuji's next sale......

They must be doing pretty well.

Sep 04, 2017 at 03:57 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Fuji's next sale......

rumor has it that Fuji is going to get away from the three times a year sales that they've been doing over the last few years, now that they are popular. I've always loved the sales, but thought of it as Fuji shooting themselves in the foot as far a perceived value, at the same time.

I'd not be surprised at all if they stopped the practice and did like Nikon and Canon and only offered a few items once in a while for sale, in the near future.

Sep 05, 2017 at 04:58 AM
AZ Photo

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Fuji's next sale......

Pavel wrote:
rumor has it that Fuji is going to get away from the three times a year sales that they've been doing over the last few years, now that they are popular. I've always loved the sales, but thought of it as Fuji shooting themselves in the foot as far a perceived value, at the same time.

I'd not be surprised at all if they stopped the practice and did like Nikon and Canon and only offered a few items once in a while for sale, in the near future.

That's exactly what they have been doing in the UK - the sales are continuous but based around specific bundles of camera and lens or adding to trade ins to encourage upgrading.

Lens prices seem to be just going one way.

Sep 05, 2017 at 07:56 AM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Fuji's next sale......

Now don't get me wrong, I like low prices and think that the Fuji lenses in particular are very good deals compared to their competitors, but I think that long term Fuji would be perceived better if they basically held lens prices steady and only offered sales very rarely. Bodies on the other hand have a "shelf life" and so discounting them is good strategy.

I think that it plays to "perceived value"

How long has it been since Leica lenses were 30 percent off, three times a year?

Sep 05, 2017 at 01:55 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password