Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Fuji's next sale......
  
 
Mr. G
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji's next sale......


Being new to Fuji, I don't know the regularity of Fuji's sales.

I should have bought the 16mm f1.4 during the end of 2016 sale but as I was just discovering the Fuji system, I did not. I want the lens but do not want to pay upwards of $650 to $700 for a used copy if I can purchase it brand new (with the right to return if displeased) for $800.

Any ideas as to when to expect the next sale?

Thanks ..... Gregg



Feb 01, 2017 at 04:23 PM
Edward Castro
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji's next sale......


Probably around April. They have around 3 per year.


Feb 01, 2017 at 04:27 PM
dtolios
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji's next sale......


I know for a fact that last May there was one...that was my last buy and it was discounted.


Feb 01, 2017 at 06:48 PM
Nick3434
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji's next sale......


42nd street photo has it new for $650.

I was between that and the 23 and went with a mint used 23 for $525.

I haven't ever bought from them, just noticed that was best new deal when i was looking.



Feb 01, 2017 at 08:19 PM
Edward Castro
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji's next sale......




Nick3434 wrote:
42nd street photo has it new for $650.

I was between that and the 23 and went with a mint used 23 for $525.

I haven't ever bought from them, just noticed that was best new deal when i was looking.


I would avoid 42nd street photo. They are known to sell grey market items and passing them as USA items. I've read many complaints about them from first hand users unfortunately.



Feb 01, 2017 at 09:09 PM
Reagan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji's next sale......


Stay away from them Gregg

Reagan



Feb 01, 2017 at 09:10 PM
Ix4224
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji's next sale......


http://camelcamelcamel.com/Fujifilm-XF-16mm-F1-4-WR/product/B00W6VZLFA

It looks like Fuji does a sale every two-ish months or so, and last year was around mid-February, so we should be due for one soon



Feb 01, 2017 at 09:52 PM
fishjump
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji's next sale......


Yes about every 3 months. Should be able to pick up a greatly discounted GFX 50S.....


Feb 02, 2017 at 02:25 AM
arbitrage
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji's next sale......


photoprice.ca will show you the trend....sale should start in 1-2 weeks from now.

You can see the regularity in this graph in the past few years of US prices for the 10-24....like clockwork....








Feb 02, 2017 at 02:28 AM
chez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji's next sale......


Ix4224 wrote:
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Fujifilm-XF-16mm-F1-4-WR/product/B00W6VZLFA

It looks like Fuji does a sale every two-ish months or so, and last year was around mid-February, so we should be due for one soon


Yeh...one every full moon.



Feb 02, 2017 at 02:30 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Nick3434
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji's next sale......


Sorry for bad advice on 42nd st, I never got from there, but just noted they had a crazy lower price on the 16 than elsewhere. Thanks for the tip to know for future.


Feb 02, 2017 at 03:09 AM
fsiagian
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fuji's next sale......


I need a 56mm


Feb 02, 2017 at 03:23 AM
pbrandoj
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fuji's next sale......


It can be a gamble, but if you have a credit card with purchase price protection (like my Discover card) you can purchase a lens before the sale and if it goes on sale for a lower price within 90 days then you submit the receipt and advertisement (I usually just screenshot B&H and fujifilmcamerasavings.com) and they'll cut you a check for the price difference. I got $100 back on my XT1, $200 back on my X100T, and $100 on my 35mm f2 when the last two sales happened.


Feb 02, 2017 at 04:12 AM
Ix4224
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fuji's next sale......


pbrandoj wrote:
It can be a gamble, but if you have a credit card with purchase price protection (like my Discover card) you can purchase a lens before the sale and if it goes on sale for a lower price within 90 days then you submit the receipt and advertisement (I usually just screenshot B&H and fujifilmcamerasavings.com) and they'll cut you a check for the price difference. I got $100 back on my XT1, $200 back on my X100T, and $100 on my 35mm f2 when the last two sales happened.


Adorama and B&H also typical price match sales as long as it's within 30 days as well. However, Fuji sales happen so frequently, you might as well wait unless you really need it now.



Feb 02, 2017 at 04:32 AM
brian_f2.8
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fuji's next sale......


Hopefully soon, I don't know what to do with my tax refund.


Feb 02, 2017 at 04:39 AM
Sorbet
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fuji's next sale......


Based on this Fuji sales history ...

http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/history-of-fujifilm-lens-sales-instant-rebates.56461/

... I am guessing the next sale will start some time later this month (February).



Feb 02, 2017 at 04:51 AM
Tony B
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fuji's next sale......


I would have thought around the time XT20 is due to ship.
I could well be up for a lens around then but not a long time before or after. Hopefully within 2 months of my trip to Bali at the end of May so I can claim sales tax of a hurther 1/11th sales tax.

.



Feb 02, 2017 at 07:31 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fuji's next sale......


Mr. G wrote:
Being new to Fuji, I don't know the regularity of Fuji's sales.

I should have bought the 16mm f1.4 during the end of 2016 sale but as I was just discovering the Fuji system, I did not. I want the lens but do not want to pay upwards of $650 to $700 for a used copy if I can purchase it brand new (with the right to return if displeased) for $800.

Any ideas as to when to expect the next sale?

Thanks ..... Gregg


It's hard isn't it Gregg? Once you discover the Fujis, you just want more.

And yes, like you, I have my eye on the 16 as well.



Feb 02, 2017 at 11:21 AM
Mr. G
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fuji's next sale......


Thanks everyone.

RE: 42nd Street Photo. I know all about them. Somehow they have managed to stay in business (or at least the same name) for over 50 years. I have actually shopped in their retail store 40ish years ago. Same bullcrap then as now. I went to buy a specific camera they had advertised and all of a sudden they were out of stock but they had something even better to sell me....

I like the graph. I bought the 10-24 on the last dip. I will wait several weeks for the 16 to go on sale again. Just hope I don't buy on every dip ....

Gregg



Feb 02, 2017 at 02:14 PM
dlabrecque
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fuji's next sale......


I expect the 16 will probably be updated eventually to make it weather resistant.



Feb 02, 2017 at 03:49 PM
1
       2       3       end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password