1       2       3       4      
       end

Vehicles you use for photo trips

Eric Larsen
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Vehicles you use for photo trips

drobertfranz wrote:
Here's my current rig in the wild.. Used to tow a 26' trailer. This gets me into more backcountry locations and I can often stay right where I want to be photographing and is a bit more economical than towing.

What model camper top is that? And the truck model?

Thanks! Love the pop-tops...

Mar 31, 2017 at 02:04 AM
Eric Larsen
• • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Vehicles you use for photo trips

rsk7 wrote:
My 1994 Toyota SR-5 XtraCab. Still chugging along but the engine is starting to have some issues. Not sure if it is worth fixing as the estimated costs exceed Kelly Blue book. It is still running so my current plan is to run it with just basic service until I get stuck on some back road somewhere and wish I had shelled out the cash to fix it properly.

That rig looks like to be in good enough shape to warrant another engine...no?

You can save a LOT of coin (more lenses!) keeping the old trusty trucks going...

Mar 31, 2017 at 02:07 AM
drobertfranz
• • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Vehicles you use for photo trips

Eric Larsen wrote:
What model camper top is that? And the truck model?

Thanks! Love the pop-tops...

Truck is Ford F150 supercrew with 3.5L ecoboost. Beast of an engine! Pop is Palomino Backpack edition SS550. Fits in 6 1/.2 box perfectly. Full queen bed going front to back not sideways like most. Leaving Tuesday with this rig for 2 weeks in Utah! Another picture from the driveway of it...

Mar 31, 2017 at 03:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Eric Larsen
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Vehicles you use for photo trips

drobertfranz wrote:
Truck is Ford F150 supercrew with 3.5L ecoboost. Beast of an engine! Pop is Palomino Backpack edition SS550. Fits in 6 1/.2 box perfectly. Full queen bed going front to back not sideways like most. Leaving Tuesday with this rig for 2 weeks in Utah! Another picture from the driveway of it...

That's really nice, Dro. I find a truck to be a good off road vehicle and I really like those collapsing camper tops. I'll have to look into that as I approach retirement in a couple of years.

Thanks for sharing those images and more (of it in action) would be great!

Apr 01, 2017 at 01:37 AM

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Vehicles you use for photo trips

Toyota Tundra with a Four Wheel Camper Grandby. The Tundra came first and the Grandby was up for sale locally some time later. Eventually Maybe I'll switch to a 3/4 ton extended cab with an 8 foot bed but so far this combo has taken me everyplace I've wanted to go and more importantly brought me home again :-)

Along the White Rim Trail, Murphy's Hogback CG.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:16 PM
wonderer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Vehicles you use for photo trips

Well, I bought my MINI in 2008 and my first DSLR in 2012. Not sure I'd necessarily choose the same vehicle for photo soirees today, only because it's getting a little tight for my camera gear. Travel-wise though, I love the MINI. Backroads are a joy, the twistier the better. Off-road, not so much. It took me a long time to venture onto the dirt roads, but with my current inclination toward photographing waterfowl, they certainly go with the territory. Motor on!

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password