Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?
  
 
Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


Anything available that works? Not interested in using an iPhone, or iPad.

Edited on Feb 01, 2017 at 03:44 AM · View previous versions



Feb 01, 2017 at 03:00 AM
AJSJones
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


Youmean something like this this $25 item " Multi-interchangeable modes of shooting: Single shooting, 1s continuous shooting, high-speed continuous shooting, bulb shooting and 4s delay shooting, "
My camera arrives Friday and I'll be trying the app because I already have an iPhone



Feb 01, 2017 at 03:27 AM
Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


Well since the E-M1 Mk II is NOT listed as one of the compatible cameras, I would want you to test it first.


Feb 01, 2017 at 03:40 AM
AJSJones
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


I noticed that too, and would also check. But that is the kind of thing you are looking for?


Feb 01, 2017 at 06:36 AM
Bob Kane
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


I have a Vello FreeWave Plus purchased for my e-m1.1 and 5D3. I find that it also works with the e-m1.2. Olympus moved the sub-mini plug to the other side of the camera so the cable hangs a bit awkwardly across the lens, but operationally it's fine. Not a bad price, either.


Feb 01, 2017 at 01:39 PM
formula4speed
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


AJSJones wrote:
Youmean something like this this $25 item " Multi-interchangeable modes of shooting: Single shooting, 1s continuous shooting, high-speed continuous shooting, bulb shooting and 4s delay shooting, "
My camera arrives Friday and I'll be trying the app because I already have an iPhone


If you scroll down to the customer questions section, the seller says it will work with the E-M1 Mark II. User reviews are better, but it might be worth trying.




Feb 01, 2017 at 03:11 PM
Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


formula4speed wrote:
If you scroll down to the customer questions section, the seller says it will work with the E-M1 Mark II. User reviews are better, but it might be worth trying.



Yes, I saw that, but was not about to trust just his say- so.



Feb 01, 2017 at 03:27 PM
Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


AJSJones wrote:
I noticed that too, and would also check. But that is the kind of thing you are looking for?


Yes.



Feb 01, 2017 at 03:27 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


Bob Kane wrote:
I have a Vello FreeWave Plus purchased for my e-m1.1 and 5D3. I find that it also works with the e-m1.2. Olympus moved the sub-mini plug to the other side of the camera so the cable hangs a bit awkwardly across the lens, but operationally it's fine. Not a bad price, either.


Thanks, Bob.



Feb 01, 2017 at 03:28 PM
ELinder
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


How much range do you need? Pocket wizard will probably do the trick. It worked great on my E-M1 Mk1.

Erich



Feb 01, 2017 at 03:50 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


I bought this wireless cable release for my E-M1 and I believe it will also work on the Mk II:

https://www.amazon.com/RF-902-Wireless-SP-570UZ-SP-560UZ-SP-550UZ/dp/B007VWZVB8/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485966380&sr=1-20&keywords=wireless+remote+for+olympus

But I am thinking that I may need a wired remote, as I can't use my flash with this hot-shoe mounted wireless remote.



Feb 01, 2017 at 04:30 PM
Bob Kane
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


bobbytan wrote:
I bought this wireless cable release for my E-M1 and I believe it will also work on the Mk II:

https://www.amazon.com/RF-902-Wireless-SP-570UZ-SP-560UZ-SP-550UZ/dp/B007VWZVB8/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485966380&sr=1-20&keywords=wireless+remote+for+olympus

But I am thinking that I may need a wired remote, as I can't use my flash with this hot-shoe mounted wireless remote.


It doesn't have to sit on the hot shoe, does it? Tape it to a tripod leg and it will always be handy for the odd time you need it. Battery on the FreeWave Plus seems to last forever.



Feb 01, 2017 at 05:38 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


Good point ... I didn't think of that!

Bob Kane wrote:
It doesn't have to sit on the hot shoe, does it? Tape it to a tripod leg and it will always be handy for the odd time you need it. Battery on the FreeWave Plus seems to last forever.





Feb 01, 2017 at 07:17 PM
RKTodd
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


I can confirm the the Pixel Oppilas remote trigger works fine, as well as using a Phottix Stratto II transmitter and receiver. Most of the time I prefer the Pixel, being it's a little smaller. The nice thing about the Strattos is, I can set up a remote camera (thinking weddings here), and it will fire each time I take a shot. Of course, I would have a transmitter under my on-cam flash.

I thought something had gone wrong the other day when neither trigger would focus before shooting. Turns out, when you activate rear button focus, it disables the focus feature of the remote triggers.

Does anyone know of a secret setting that would change that?



Feb 02, 2017 at 06:15 PM
elkhornsun
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · wireless remote for E-M1 Mark II?


Lots of options depending upon your needs. Lots of them are being sold on Amazon and at B&H and Adorama (most comprehensive in terms of in stock items).

The ultimate system is the Captur from Hahnel. There is a Captur remote control and flash trigger for Olympus cameras for $90 and it connects to their $120 Captur Pro Module that provides for time lapse, high speed, and it has light, sound, and IR sensors to trip the shutter and multiple flash.

I bought this setup to do multi-flash with hummingbirds and want to have breaking the IR beam fire off the camera and three off-camera flash units.



Feb 04, 2017 at 09:51 PM







FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password