Upload & Sell: Off
Congratulations to friscoron for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 20 votes - View Previous Winners
I really, really tried my best to cut this down. If you get tired of looking, then bail. But my dance shots are at the end, so you might want to get yourself a fresh cup of coffee.
Starting off with family shots.
5. Getting three kids to be comfortable together for a shot is always a bit of a challenge for me, and that's why this shot made the cut. I actually like how they look.
6. This one's a composite.
8. Quinceanera portrait
9. Travel Issue
12. Left, champagne bar. Right, American Idol singer.
13. My Class of 2017 Senior Ambassadors
15. As part of my senior ambassador program, I get dresses and outfits from local boutiques, hire HMUA, and do a fashion shoot. The girls love it.
17. Composited the sky in on this one.
28. Same couple as 27, just a different shot. This one is in my studio at 24x36.
29. Sweet Nina.
34. This is brand new (shot in Dec), getting ready to deliver to team.
A few studio shots
39. I had just shot a portrait with the fenceline and the trees behind them, and as they were walking toward me, I got this shot, really just a candid shot, on a whim. It was their favorite shot from the wedding, and has grown on me.
(It might be time to get your second cup of coffee. We're just warming up!)
46. Just a First Touch.
49. A story comes with this shot. The bride had been a very healthy very active young woman when she got hit with a brain aneurysm that left her mostly paralyzed. Her No. 1 goal was to be able to walk down the aisle for her wedding, and she worked hard over years to get there. Her wedding day was exhausting for her. We had just finished getting some downtown portraits in her small town, and they got up on the party bus. As they got on the party bus, I saw that the reflection off the party bus was perfect, the lighting was perfect. She's already on the party bus halfway to her seat, and I have to decide if I want to ask her to come back off of it. I decided to do it, and maybe it's just me, but I love how this shot turned out.
50. I actually like doing these kinds of things. So when a B& G ask to do this sort of thing, I'm all in. I knew it would be awhile before this shot was ready to be released, so in the week after the wedding, I added a baby monster under a bridge over a river where we were doing a group shot. In my post, I alluded to it and it was a huge hit, but this one they really loved!
Okay, here's the Dance.
51. I kept saying to myself, "Please don't drop the camera."
52. She had some help getting into position, but I still can't believe she was able to do this.
56. I normally don't crop dancers during their performances, but this one was perfect for it.
57. This is another one hanging as a 24x36 in my studio.
59. It's not perfect symmetry but I love it anyway.
71. So many pics to choose from with Nina's two-day session, and these are my faves.
72. Nina again, and then two sisters.
Not people. (Almost done!)
73. We have a Robin that nests in a very small, short tree right outside our front door every spring. So far, this is my favorite shot of the little guys.
74. This is my version of the Bean in Millennium Park in downtown Chicago.
75. And a wrap, with a self-portrait of me and my family. By the way, I always tell my clients that I'm an expert at controlling kids and getting them to behave during the photo sessions.