Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Got Lucky with a last minute decision
  
 
niani.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Congratulations to niani.gil for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 6 votes - View Previous Winners


I was in Kerala, India for a meeting and I was planning on a bird trip with a guide up in the border are with Tamil Nadu. I had booked the guide almost a year ahead and as luck would have it, the guide forgot about me.

So having nothing to do, I decided to take a trip with my parents to the beautiful hills of Munnar. Blessings from my parents I would say, got a few lifers here. They were thrilled to see the photos. Parents are always rooting for you, no matter how old you get!

Hope you like the images

To set the stage, here is the scenery in Munnar


Long Tailed Shrike


Lotens Sunbird


Hill Myna


Oriental White Eye


Rusty Tailed Flycatcher


White Bellied Treepie


Pied Buschat


Little Spiderhunter







Jan 29, 2017 at 07:15 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Excellent image, Nigil! The lighting of the long tailed shrike is just awesome, I also enjoy the image of the white belied treepie and the landscape image is gorgeous - well captured!

Joshua

Edited on Jan 29, 2017 at 07:51 PM · View previous versions



Jan 29, 2017 at 07:38 PM
Bobg657
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Beautiful shots, landscape and birds, thanks for posting.


Jan 29, 2017 at 07:44 PM
steve_a_reno
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Yes these are all beautiful photos.


Jan 29, 2017 at 08:25 PM
kwilliam8
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Wonderful collection of beautiful images! What a pleasure to view these, and thanks for the first image showing the area.
Keith W.



Jan 29, 2017 at 08:41 PM
Archibald
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Great series of some unusual birds!


Jan 29, 2017 at 08:58 PM
niani.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


AGeoJO wrote:
Excellent image, Nigil! The lighting of the long tailed shrike is just awesome, I also enjoy the image of the white belied treepie and the landscape image is gorgeous - well captured!

Joshua


Much appreciated Joshua.
---------------------------------------------

Bobg657 wrote:
Beautiful shots, landscape and birds, thanks for posting.


Thank you Bob
---------------------------------------------

steve_a_reno wrote:
Yes these are all beautiful photos.


Many thanks Steve
---------------------------------------------

kwilliam8 wrote:
Wonderful collection of beautiful images! What a pleasure to view these, and thanks for the first image showing the area.
Keith W.


Much appreciated Keith
---------------------------------------------

Archibald wrote:
Great series of some unusual birds!


Thank you Archibald. Glad you liked it.



Jan 29, 2017 at 09:02 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Nigil, these are so beautiful. Love each and everyone of them.

Birdie



Jan 29, 2017 at 09:48 PM
sritri
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Wonderful set Nigil That Oriental WE is superb and my fav


Jan 30, 2017 at 12:53 AM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


excellent images Nigil


Jan 30, 2017 at 01:00 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



niani.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


birdied wrote:
Nigil, these are so beautiful. Love each and everyone of them.

Birdie


Much appreciated Birdie
---------------------------------------------

sritri wrote:
Wonderful set Nigil That Oriental WE is superb and my fav


Many thanks Shreeni
---------------------------------------------

kmunroe wrote:
excellent images Nigil


Thanks Ken.




Jan 30, 2017 at 01:08 AM
morris
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Excelent photography Nigil. The photo of the Lotens Sunbird is a stunner as is the landscape

Morris



Jan 30, 2017 at 01:45 AM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


These are all extra nice. I enjoyed the landscape but 2 and 7 stand out for me ~ Ron


Jan 30, 2017 at 02:38 AM
maneyo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Wow excellent images !!
Thanks for sharing .. really good



Jan 30, 2017 at 02:52 AM
Creative Edge
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Nigil all are beautiful images. You did a great job on these. Not only did you get some outstanding images, you also enjoyed the company of your parents and it doesn't get better than that.



Jan 30, 2017 at 03:05 AM
Lotuselite
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


Munnar, High Range is a beautiful part of the world. The tea estates of the Nilgiri hills
Are wonderful scenic areas.
I spent time there as a youngster and was at school in Kodaikanal.



Jan 30, 2017 at 05:03 AM
niani.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision




morris wrote:
Excelent photography Nigil. The photo of the Lotens Sunbird is a stunner as is the landscape

Morris

Many thanks Morris.



Jan 30, 2017 at 11:38 PM
niani.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


surfnron wrote:
These are all extra nice. I enjoyed the landscape but 2 and 7 stand out for me ~ Ron


Thank you very much Ron
---------------------------------------------

maneyo wrote:
Wow excellent images !!
Thanks for sharing .. really good


Many thanks Maneyo
---------------------------------------------

Creative Edge wrote:
Nigil all are beautiful images. You did a great job on these. Not only did you get some outstanding images, you also enjoyed the company of your parents and it doesn't get better than that.


Much appreciated Michael. Totally enjoyed their company.
---------------------------------------------

Lotuselite wrote:
Munnar, High Range is a beautiful part of the world. The tea estates of the Nilgiri hills
Are wonderful scenic areas.
I spent time there as a youngster and was at school in Kodaikanal.


Thats awesome James. Kodaikanal is stunning. I have been only once from my school. Have to go back some time soon.



Jan 31, 2017 at 01:31 AM
WrightImage
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


these are all stunning!


Jan 31, 2017 at 01:35 AM
niani.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Got Lucky with a last minute decision


WrightImage wrote:
these are all stunning!


Many thanks Dave



Feb 01, 2017 at 12:42 AM
1
       2       3       end






FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password