New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

KarlBen

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

Making my first foray into manual focusing w/ a recently purchased Rokinon 12mm F2. Any advice ? Specifically interested in pointers for settings & focus assist.

Jan 28, 2017 at 01:12 AM
afidmo

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

Most of the time I just set the focus to infinity and control the aperture according to the environment I'm shooting. Make sure when you focusing at infinity white dot on the red ring align with the 'straight' line on the focus ring(not the infinity symbol). One thing I like about this lens is how close you can focus with it. Below are my photos and I'm extremely satisfied with the quality of the photo produced. Sorry my reply don't really answer your question.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/98/1411698.jpg

Jan 28, 2017 at 01:22 AM
Viramati
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

12mm is so wide angle that it is such a large DOF that you will find that stopped down to f4 or more if you set slightly back from infinity that everything will be in focus anyway.

Jan 28, 2017 at 03:31 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

I suggest you check that the infinity focus mark is adjusted correctly. Rokinon/Samyang makes some very nice lenses, but it's not unusual for the infinity stop to be "off".

Jan 29, 2017 at 07:53 AM
taemo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

on my Samyang 12mm the sweet spot is around 15ft, so 2/3 between infinity and 3ft on the focus scale

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

I have the Samyang 12 for E-Mount, and I just set it to halfway between the 1m and infinity marks for most shooting. If I have very close focus needs, I'll focus wide open and then stop down if need be.

Jan 29, 2017 at 02:11 PM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

Is everyone's focus ring as tight as mine? I like the lens but find it frustrating how much strength it needs to rotate..

Jan 29, 2017 at 06:06 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

I had one and it it had a bit of a stiffer feel, certainly took a deliberate action to twist it, but it was smooth. Didn't require any amount of force that I would consider a measure of strength, or frustrating at all.

Certainly nothing like trying to twist off a stubborn lid on a food jar etc.

Jan 29, 2017 at 06:21 PM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Help with Rokinon 12mm F2 w/ XT2

Mine must be overly stiff then; I find it faster to hold onto the focus ring and twist the body instead -no kidding

Feb 09, 2017 at 08:12 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.