New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

EM1.2 Dual Card Slot Problem

Bobg657
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EM1.2 Dual Card Slot Problem

In prep for a trip I just tried setting my Mark ii to provide a full backup as I shoot onto Slot 2, and I found it would only shoot a six shot burst at 18fps before stopping to clear the buffer which takes a while.

I shot raw, Sandisk 280mbs in Slot 1 (which provides almost endless bursts by itself) and either a Lexar 1000 150mbs or Sandisk 80mbs in slot 2. Both choices performed the same.

Anyone got a workaround?

Thanks,
Bob

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:22 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EM1.2 Dual Card Slot Problem

Bob,

I'm not sure, but perhaps the reason you're experiencing the slowdown with the card in slot 2 is because only slot 1 is UHS – II. Slot 2 is UHS – 1.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:26 AM
Bobg657
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EM1.2 Dual Card Slot Problem

Hi Mitesh, that may be the reason but it still leaves me with a limitation I'd rather not have. Now that I think further I guess there are two other tests I should try, first put a UHS1 card in slot 1 (or can it be set to only record to slot 2?) and see what happens, the second is to try with an m4/3 lens (although this shouldn't matter withe shutter I'd think) as this was tested with the 50-200.

Thanks for any further thoughts!

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:39 AM
Bobg657
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EM1.2 Dual Card Slot Problem

Well, I found the problem and it was ME! I had bursts limited to seven shots for the low setting, when I fixed that it works well. As the kids say DOH!

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:53 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EM1.2 Dual Card Slot Problem

Bobg657 wrote:
Well, I found the problem and it was ME! I had bursts limited to seven shots for the low setting, when I fixed that it works well. As the kids say DOH!

As Pogo said - "we have met the enemy and he is us" .

Jan 26, 2017 at 01:00 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password