New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

haleym77
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

I've been doing more weddings and engagements lately and realizing that this is what I love to do...

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:05 AM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

Nice set of images you have and the consistency of the color tone is superb.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

Very nice set of images.

On my uncalibrated monitor, they all seem a bit dark and drab. I can see that the images were taken on a cloudy day with flat lighting.

I think the images might benefit from a bit of "warming" with the white balance. Possibly a smidge more saturation too. Maybe even adjusting the "levels" to enhance the mid-tones and highlights. Just my $0.02 and YMMV.

It's just a personal choice. Maybe it's just my monitor.

Great concepts and composition with all the shots.

TFS!

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:23 AM
gempixel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

Great set!

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

Fine looking set! FWIW, they look fine on my display. It's in keeping with your PP look.

You did an excellent job of helping her out. Lesser photographers might not have placed in the flattering poses you used.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:59 PM
haleym77
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

film_4ever wrote:
Very nice set of images.

On my uncalibrated monitor, they all seem a bit dark and drab. I can see that the images were taken on a cloudy day with flat lighting.

I think the images might benefit from a bit of "warming" with the white balance. Possibly a smidge more saturation too. Maybe even adjusting the "levels" to enhance the mid-tones and highlights. Just my $0.02 and YMMV.

It's just a personal choice. Maybe it's just my monitor.

Great concepts and composition with all the shots.

TFS!

Thanks for the comments! Yes, it was an overcast day but that is perfect because I usually shoot very bright and colorful and have been wanting some more filtered light lately. I'm happy with the colors and contrast. My monitor is calibrated and they look good on my phone, too. But thanks...opinions always apreciated and taken into account! :-)

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:18 PM
haleym77
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

dmacmillan wrote:
Fine looking set! FWIW, they look fine on my display. It's in keeping with your PP look.

You did an excellent job of helping her out. Lesser photographers might not have placed in the flattering poses you used.

Thanks! Funny thing...she is pregnant but not wanting to highlight that yet, as they wanted to celebrate the engagement this shoot and then they'll focus on the baby. So I had to be cognizant of her body because she said she was feeling self conscious. She also stood very straight legged and squared off to me so I really had to work with her on "popping a hip" and getting her toes together, ha!

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:22 PM
KCook0
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Finding myself in the desert of Arizona

I really dig the 2nd ring shot with the orange leaves. Very classy.

Kelly

Jan 26, 2017 at 01:10 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.