New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

The Camera Store review of Oly EM-1 MK II

jkurata

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Camera Store review of Oly EM-1 MK II

I watched this review and it pointed out some issues/shortcoming with the AF system and video.

Since I am in the market for this camera I want to know if others think these are accurate?

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:28 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Camera Store review of Oly EM-1 MK II

I watched that yesterday and linked it into the main EM-1 MK2 thread. If Jordan found issues in video those are real issues. Those two work at the largest camera store in Calgary AB. They have used every single camera that comes out. Jordan knows a lot about video and is honest in all his reviews.

Stay away from the fanboy paid by Olympus reviews but I would trust what Chris and Jordan have to say.

If you are shooting stills then go for the Olympus....for video I'd be waiting for the GH5...but of course it could have some hidden issues in real life also...still it is the more video driven $2000 M43 camera.

Jan 25, 2017 at 03:03 AM
k-h.a.w
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Camera Store review of Oly EM-1 MK II

arbitrage wrote:
I watched that yesterday and linked it into the main EM-1 MK2 thread. If Jordan found issues in video those are real issues. Those two work at the largest camera store in Calgary AB. They have used every single camera that comes out. Jordan knows a lot about video and is honest in all his reviews.

Stay away from the fanboy paid by Olympus reviews but I would trust what Chris and Jordan have to say.

If you are shooting stills then go for the Olympus....for video I'd be waiting for the GH5...but of course it could have some hidden issues in
...Show more

Thanks. I agree with your assessment. And would like to add, if rapid focus isn't a video requirement, the handheld video stabilization indeed works very well. It will be interesting to see how the GH5 compares.

K-H.

Jan 25, 2017 at 09:09 PM
galenapass
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Camera Store review of Oly EM-1 MK II

arbitrage wrote:

If you are shooting stills then go for the Olympus....for video I'd be waiting for the GH5...but of course it could have some hidden issues in
...Show more

I agree with your assessment. Their reviews of the equipment that I have personally used have generally been good, and honest. They may not capture every point but the reviews seem fair.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:59 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password