Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · Best full frame digital body to shoot Zuiko OM lenses?

MAubrey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Best full frame digital body to shoot Zuiko OM lenses?

justruss wrote:
Can you explain how to set that up and use it? Sounds great. (I assume it's the same for the A7rII.)

Sorry, I meant A7rII! That's what I have. Set the settings (IBIS FL, ISO, etc.) you want and then go to Memory (Not Memory Recall) in the Menus--the last entry on page 9 of the Camera Menu. Then move right or left through 1, 2, M1, M2, M3, M4. And select the one where you want those settings saved.

1 & 2 are on the dial. And then M1-M4 can be selected just by turning the dial to 1 or 2, which pulls up Memory Recall.

So you can have six FL's for IBIS set in the Camera Memory slots. For myself, I have 12mm, 21m, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 180mm.

Edited on Jan 26, 2017 at 04:25 PM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2017 at 02:52 PM
justruss
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Best full frame digital body to shoot Zuiko OM lenses?

Many thanks!

Jan 26, 2017 at 03:45 PM
timballic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Best full frame digital body to shoot Zuiko OM lenses?

I changed over from the Canon 5DII to Sony A7 with a load of OM Zuiko lenses, from 21/3.5 to 200/5, and in every case I prefer the results and use on the A7, and haven't seen problems with the Sony sensor stack.

However, I would not advise the Kolari mod for the OM 21/3.5.

I had a Kolari thin IR filter mod done for my Infrared A7, and the results with my 21mm OMs deteriorated (from use with a previous 1.5mm thick IR filter)! After lots of testing and conferring with Kolari, we decided the problem was due to field curvature introduced by their thin filter, it's very pronounced with an early "silver-nose" OM 21/3.5, but less with a late mc 21/3.5, so Olympus must have tweaked their design.

Anyway, by careful focussing between the centre and edge, I've found I can just get back the results I had with the 1.5mm IR filter, but it's a pain!

So, if the OP is noticing poor corners with his 21/3.5, on the Kolari modded A7, he may be able to improve them by doing the same.

Jan 29, 2017 at 02:49 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.