New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Faces from Saturday

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Faces from Saturday

My first rugby match of new season - opted out when rain grew heavier, shortly thereafter thunder and lightening cleared the pitch. Imagine they concluded later... Any thoughts? Not really excited about crop (lack of) on #3 but I want to think something is there..

Bob

Smith Brothers? :)

Jan 22, 2017 at 01:02 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Faces from Saturday

All nice shots, Bob - don't have much to hit you on. Maybe clone out the blob lower-right in #1?

Jeff

Jan 22, 2017 at 01:18 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Faces from Saturday

It has been said that rugby is a gentleman's game played by hoodlums. The second photo might bear that out

Jan 22, 2017 at 02:26 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Faces from Saturday

Good group. Like the first, the second is great action, but the last, is that Liam Neeson?

Jan 22, 2017 at 04:36 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Faces from Saturday

Thanks guys,

Appreciate your comment and feedback.

Ben - yes, the resemblance struck me also.

BOb

Jan 23, 2017 at 07:44 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Faces from Saturday

1- I like your processing and tones in this one. I don't know how or why but you can almost feel those beards.

2- My favorite out of this set because of the dynamics of rain and facial expressions. The torn shirt and tension of the hands adds even more.

3- Nice shot and shows the weather nicely. The hood in front of him distracts though. Had you considered possibly going with a square crop?

Dave

Jan 23, 2017 at 03:41 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Faces from Saturday

lighthound wrote:
1- I like your processing and tones in this one. I don't know how or why but you can almost feel those beards.

2- My favorite out of this set because of the dynamics of rain and facial expressions. The torn shirt and tension of the hands adds even more.

3- Nice shot and shows the weather nicely. The hood in front of him distracts though. Had you considered possibly going with a square crop?

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Re square crop - considered but then he's looking into the edge of the frame - prefer to have a space into which he's looking.

Bob

Jan 23, 2017 at 04:07 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Faces from Saturday

Bob Jarman wrote:
Thanks Dave,

Re square crop - considered but then he's looking into the edge of the frame - prefer to have a space into which he's looking.

Bob

I just tried a 4:3 with a smidgen of clone work. Not sure if it get's it any closer to what you wanted though. Might be a little too tight all around now.
IDK, just playin and spit balling.

Jan 23, 2017 at 04:24 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Faces from Saturday

lighthound wrote:
I just tried a 4:3 with a smidgen of clone work. Not sure if it get's it any closer to what you wanted though. Might be a little too tight all around now.
IDK, just playin and spit balling.

That works,

thanks,

Bob

Jan 23, 2017 at 05:00 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Faces from Saturday

Good series, Bob.
First has your classic, refined, Jarman look, including great toning. Always works for me. Their alignment, down to the eyes and beards, makes it really work well.
Second: not really ready to see color from you, but it works. The grab of the expressions makes it.
Third: Liam needed to be starring alone in the frame. I like the rework.

Scott

Jan 23, 2017 at 09:04 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Faces from Saturday

Thanks Scott,

Bob

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.