Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2017 · Nikon DL thoughts vs RX100V as possible March DL release approaches...

Chris Dees
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Nikon DL thoughts vs RX100V as possible March DL release approaches...

kinconorb wrote:
Things will turn around for Nikon, remember when Canon screwed up their 1D Mark 3 (pretty sure it was the 1D3) major focusing issues and other problems. Everyone was jumping ship to Nikon selling all their Canon gear.

That was at the same moment Nikon hit a homerun with the D3, D300 (my moment to switch).

Feb 15, 2017 at 02:53 AM
Matt Grum
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Nikon DL thoughts vs RX100V as possible March DL release approaches...

molson wrote:
Yes... probably by a factor of 100 to 1.

I find that highly unlikely.

molson wrote:
The general public don't want DSLR's, they just want something simple that takes good photos and has a zoom lens that their smart phone doesn't have.

True, but a $200 compact also has a zoom lens and your average consumer doesn't simply appreciate the difference between a $800 compact and a very similar looking $200 compact, they have no idea what a 1" sensor is or an f/1.8 lens or why any of that is important. On the other hand they will notice the $200 compact has a better zoom range.

DSLRs still have a lot of kudos amongst for your average consumer simply for being DSLRs (they look just like the cameras that professionals use). If people are going to shell out $800 for something to take pictures with that isn't their phone then they're either going to choose a cheap compact or a cheap DSLR. I'd wager that the majority of high end compact sales go to owners of interchangeable lens cameras.

Edited on Feb 17, 2017 at 10:20 AM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2017 at 05:25 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Nikon DL thoughts vs RX100V as possible March DL release approaches...

Matt Grum wrote:
I find that highly unlikely.

Apparently you've never worked in the retail camera business...

Feb 15, 2017 at 03:44 PM
Matt Grum
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Nikon DL thoughts vs RX100V as possible March DL release approaches...

molson wrote:
Apparently you've never worked in the retail camera business...

I don't see what that has to do with anything, unless you work high enough up to have access to global sales figures.

So you think the Canon G7 X II is outselling the Rebel series by 100 to 1?

Edited on Feb 16, 2017 at 02:45 AM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2017 at 04:27 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Nikon DL thoughts vs RX100V as possible March DL release approaches...

Matt Grum wrote:
I don't see what that has to do with anything, unless you work high enough up to have access to global sales figures.

Do you think the Canon G7 X II is outselling the Rebel series by 100 to 1?

Feb 15, 2017 at 06:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.