FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2017 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Sirfishalot
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Does anyone know if the flash or trigger will also fire a Canon 480EX II?

Thanks,
JayT

Feb 15, 2017 at 04:29 PM
bvphotos
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

I'm also interested in the answer to JayT's question. I was looking at the Cactus V6 II(s) triggers for cross-flash, cross-body usage. You can use a V6 IIs on a Sony body and an off-camera V6 II with a Canon or any of the many compatible flash units. It provides a truly cross-platform solution for those of us who use bodies from different manufacturers and flashes that are not compatible with Sony (like the 480EX). But a pair of Cactus transceivers is $190.

If one X1Ts trigger can communicate with an X1R receiver (with a 480EX flash mounted on it), it would be a cheaper solution for me.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:13 PM
Sirfishalot
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

GMPhotography wrote:
Yea I'm loving it. I'm using it as a master for 5 other strobes. To me it's actually better than using the X1. My main 600 monolight from Flashpoint my modeling light stays on the R1 killed the modeling light

Hi Guy,
So if one didn't already have an X1 trigger to control other Godox (or Flashpoint) this flash unit eliminates the need for it?

Thanks,
JayT

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Yes you really don't need the X1 with this flash
It has all three groups you can set your other lights too plus you can use it as a flash as well. Only issue is its 3 groups and Rx1 is 4 or 5 which in reality if your not running 4 or 5 other lights not a problem. That's really the only limit. I have 2 RX1 now just sitting in my case now but I do a red carpet event twice a year with three shooters so I use one for each shooter with different groups a channels so I will keep them. But for normal work you just need this little flash. I'm using a powered Flashpoint 600 watt monolight and 3 Ad360II C units plus the 860 as well. I can fire everything through this flash
Sirfishalot wrote:
Hi Guy,
So if one didn't already have an X1 trigger to control other Godox (or Flashpoint) this flash unit eliminates the need for it?

Thanks,
JayT

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

I meant X1 sorry not RX

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Folks I'm not sure about cross breeding with Canon units. It maybe a different protocol involved.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

So you are saying that it's better just spend the money on two flashes instead of one flash and the X1s?

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Yes. You can get two flashs have one on camera as trigger and flash and one off camera.

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:57 AM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

The one on camera still syncs with the other with the 2.4GHz Wireless connection (meaning it doesn't need to actually flash)?

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:05 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Correct. Although I have yet to turn off flash at camera. I just put it on 1/128 power which is nothing but I believe you can turn flash off. Have not tried that

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:34 PM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

That's great to hear Guy. Thanks a bunch!

I'll go for 2 flashes instead then.

How's the power on these mini flashes though? You just use it as a master or does it actually produce enough light?

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM
bvphotos
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Does anyone know if these flashes can be used as masters to fire a Canon 430EX slave in HSS mode?

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:56 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

They are not bad at all. You could actually shoot grip and grin stuff at like ISO 80 easy

nampramos wrote:
That's great to hear Guy. Thanks a bunch!

I'll go for 2 flashes instead then.

How's the power on these mini flashes though? You just use it as a master or does it actually produce enough light?

Feb 18, 2017 at 02:24 PM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

I'll check what deals I can get here in Europe for two flashes solo or two flash plus the transmitter. Would be nice to have both off camera sometimes.

Anyone in Europe that ordered online? I've seen several on eBay coming from China at pretty sweet prices. Just not sure about warranty though...

Feb 18, 2017 at 04:22 PM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

One other thing for those that have the flash already: does it work in silent mode or only syncs with the mechanical shutter?

Maybe Guy can jump in on this too and clear this up?

Feb 19, 2017 at 05:10 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Does not work in silent mode

Here 350 vs the 860 size wise

Feb 20, 2017 at 09:36 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Ideal setup if you do off camera flash work is one of each . 860 as your main off camera and 350 on camera as flash and trigger

Feb 20, 2017 at 09:37 AM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Great stuff! Thanks a lot Guy!

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:38 AM
nampramos
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

Got mine today. Two TT350S and one TT685S.

I can confirm that, sadly, when mounting the 350 on the RX1RII it does not let the EVF pop-out completely. It is a bit disappointing that Godox did not take this into consideration since it is the smallest flash out there for Sony with such an incredible set of feature. If the hot shoe was 2-3mm longer it would have been fine and such a tiny difference wouldn't have been noticeable on the total size of the flash. It's that small the amount it would need! The same happens with the X1T-S trigger, just a tiny bit not letting it come out completely. With the 685 the EVF does successfully pop-out completely but this flash is just a beast on the tiny RX1RII.

Here are some photos I just quickly took for you guys to see. The HSS seems to work great and without any fuss. Looking forward to putting these flashes through some proper use.

TT350S on RX1RII with EVF almost completely out.

RX1RII with EVF completely out for comparison.

TT685S on RX1RII with EVF completely out.

TT685S on RX1RII with EVF completely out, but just barely touching the flash.

Quick RX1RII shot with TT350S in TTL mode. F2 at 1/2000 sec.

TT685S vs. Metz 44 AF-1 vs. TT350S

TT685S vs. Metz 44 AF-1 vs. TT350S

FYI, the weights for these flashes, without AA batteries is:
Metz is 319g (338g with bouncer)
TT350S is 203g (213g with bouncer)
TT685S is 410g (does not come with bouncer, don't understand why since the smaller and cheaper 350 comes with one in the box)

The Metz and the 685 take 4xAA and the 360 takes only 2xAA.

The 350 is a lot shorter than the others and also much slimmer (can't really see that on the photos, sorry). Definitely a flash that will be easy to carry in the bag. Two of them will weigh the same as a "traditional" one and use approximately the same space in a bag.

Thank you Guy for the help!

Feb 28, 2017 at 07:12 AM
phuviano
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · GODOX TT350s Mini - a great occasional strobe

nampramos wrote

TT685S is 410g (does not come with bouncer, don't understand why since the smaller and cheaper 350 comes with one in the box)

You can use a generic diffuser off ebay. I use one that i bought for my previous nikon sb-600. I do agree its silly that the 350s comes with one, but not the 685s.

Thanks for the size comparison, good to see a comparison.

Mar 01, 2017 at 02:26 AM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.