Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Backpacks and configurations?

Etherton
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Backpacks and configurations?

If you have a minute I'd like to see what backpack or shoulder bags you guys are using? Post some photos if possible.

I currently have a ThinkTank Streetwalker and Crumpler Keystone and while they are really nice backpacks, they're going to completely swallow my Fuji gear. Considering a Ona shoulder bag. Thanks!

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM
cvrle59
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Backpacks and configurations?

There is already long thread on this subject..
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1447578/0?keyword=BAG#13697666

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM
mregala

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Backpacks and configurations?

I had the Ona Prince Street and loved it, except the times I had to carry it around for a full day (x-e2, 35mm 1.4, 18-55mm, 56mm)... so I got rid of it. Replaced it with a Peak Design Everyday backpack 20L, and it is PERFECT. The origami folding dividers let me space things out depending on what I'm carrying. I cannot recommend this bag highly enough!

When traveling, I take: x-t2, 35mm f1.4, 10-24mm f4, 2 Cactus v6 II triggers, 1 Nikon sb900 flash, battery charger, AC to USB charger, Polaroid Zip printer, 3 extra np-w126 batteries, Surface Pro 4 laptop and charger... and I still have room for snacks and my travel pillow in there!

Edited on Jan 22, 2017 at 08:31 PM · View previous versions

Jan 22, 2017 at 06:13 PM
cdgerston
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Backpacks and configurations?

I use a Tom Bihn backpack, the Synapse 25.
https://www.tombihn.com/collections/backpacks/products/synapse-25?variant=19284331015
It's not a photo pack, but the bottom section is perfect for a fuji camera and 2-3 lenses. I've used it for years with an insert I had custom made by a woman on Etsy. I don't think she does custom orders anymore, but you can probably find someone who does.
Anyway, I like having a carry everywhere day pack that also carries my camera gear. Most camera bags don't seem to work for me in the way I want.
Looks like this:

Jan 22, 2017 at 07:36 PM
dmcharg
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Backpacks and configurations?

I have two bags i use - Billingham Hadley Digital + Billingham Hadley small. Both are a perfect match i feel for the smaller form factor of the fuji bodies. I use both with xp2 + various lens (23,35,55-200) just depends what i want to carry. Having come from a DSLR setup a few years ago i was keen to preserve a nice small compact setup that i can take anywhere and not feel like the camera is a burden to carry and most other bags i have tried just feel too bulky for my liking.

Feb 04, 2017 at 02:01 PM
psurrette
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Backpacks and configurations?

Think Tank Urban Approach 15, carries most (100-400 has its own bag), of my gear along with a 15" laptop or iPad pro.

http://www.petesurrette.com/FMPics/Camera%20Bag%20TT%20Urban%20Approach%2015/TT%20Urban%20Approach%2015-1.jpg

Best part about this bag is the ability to attach it to my carryon bag when traveling

http://www.petesurrette.com/FMPics/Camera%20Bag%20TT%20Urban%20Approach%2015/TT%20Urban%20Approach%2015-back.jpg

The only thing I really do not like about the bag is the lack of space for pens, keys, large cell phone etc. I attached a small stuff TT bag to handle that.

http://www.petesurrette.com/FMPics/Camera%20Bag%20TT%20Urban%20Approach%2015/TT%20Urban%20Approach-2.jpg

Feb 04, 2017 at 03:38 PM
itai195
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Backpacks and configurations?

I like the Peak Design bags these days. The messenger, 20L backpack, and sling are all very nice and I use them all the time. They're all a little large if you just want to carry a camera with 1-3 lenses, but are wonderful if you intend to carry additional items. Their everyday messenger is my every day bag.

My all time favorite small, camera-only bags are the Think Tank Retrospective series, particularly the Retrospective 5. Great little bag, and easy to use without futzing around with unneeded or rarely used features. And if I'm just taking the X-T2 with a couple lenses, typically the 23/2 and 56/1.2, then I carry it in a Mirrorless Mover 20, which is also a nice small, easy to use, no unnecessary frills kind of bag.

Feb 04, 2017 at 11:28 PM
taemo
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Backpacks and configurations?

My primary camera bag is a Domke F2, it's the one I'll use if I'm shooting around the streets, I can fit one or 2 bodies, a couple of lenses and other accessories, pen and a bottle of water.
If needed, I can also put a tripod on top as well.

For backpacks, I have a Tamrac Adventure 9 that I use if I'm shooting primarily and not walking a lot.
Camera stuff on the bottom and food and other stuff on the top. I also bought the additional straps so that I can secure my tripod on the bottom.

My other backpack is a Dakine 45L hiking bag. I primarily use it for travel along the Domke F2 but I also use it for hiking using inserts to secure my camera.

Feb 05, 2017 at 12:41 AM
Mr. G
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Backpacks and configurations?

Amazon Basics cheapie. $27.00 (free shipping if you are a prime member). I have several larger bags (Crumpler's, LowePro's, etc.) from my Nikon days but this backpack seems to work best for me.

The Amazon backpack is probably the best deal I ever got on photo equipment. It is very similar to the Tamrac and Lowepro packs that it imitates. It is Amazon's house brand and my wife, who sews as a hobby says it's very well made. The only thing missing is a built in rain cover. It has well padded shoulder straps, a sternum strap and waist straps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VPE1WK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/83/1406883.jpg

Feb 05, 2017 at 03:17 PM
rsk7
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Backpacks and configurations?

F-Stop Ajna with various ICU configurations.

There are lots of types of backpacks built for different intended uses. It would probably be helpful if you indicated what type of photography and where you plan on using the backpack.

I like the ICU's because I can configure it differently with different size ICU so I can compromise between how much camera gear vs food/water/clothing/survival stuff I think it wise to take with me depending on where I am going and for how long. Fuji gear is more compact vs FF Canikon/Sony lenses and that is a big part of why I switched to Fuji. I have more options and flexibility.

Feb 05, 2017 at 04:43 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.