Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Leica SL

rodizzle33
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Leica SL

Leica SL

Sold

Price: $5,300.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks

I have a Leica SL for sale. It is in great working condition. It's been my work camera and there's definitely some cosmetic marks to show it. It will not come with the lens and strap shown. It will come with all the box and original accessories.

I am going to "downgrade" to the M10

I am truly going to miss this camera but I don't take advantage of it's full capabilities.

Looking to sell for $5300 net

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:49 PM
LizWangPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Leica SL

Don't do it...trust me.

Jan 20, 2017 at 01:13 AM
Robert E
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Leica SL

Timon, is right, you will regret it!

Jan 20, 2017 at 07:24 PM
kuau
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Leica SL

LizWangPhotog wrote:
Don't do it...trust me.

Curious.. why??
I am thinking about doing the same thing, I love the SL yet Leica is just to slow on releasing primes for the SL.

Jan 22, 2017 at 05:57 PM
LizWangPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Leica SL

I compare it more to the Sony A7R II. With the Sony, I'm never quite sure if I got a shot in focus unless I chimp, but with the SL, the EVF is so sharp and accurate. Also, the SL is the one camera where the auto exposure is so good, I rarely feel the need to shoot in manual. The shutter is quiet and sure, so I find myself comfortable shooting even in quiet settings. The lack of lenses is no problem, since the Canon L lenses are so good on the SL.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Robert E
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Leica SL

Also, with the M10 ( or any other M as well ) you never know when your rangefinder has gone out of focus, until after the shoot and you look at the fuzzy images, scratching your head. The only way to be sure is to use the EVF with it, and heck, if you're going to do that, you might as well keep the SL!
Rangefinders go in and out of ficus at the slightest bump or sometimes for no reason at all. Or they may focus spot on with a 35mm lens but backfocus when you change to your 50mm. (been there, done that)
Thorsten Overgaard verified this on his website and talked about the frequent problem. No matter what you may think of his flamboyant lifestyle or crummy photos that look like a tourist took them with an iPhone, he does know a lot about the Leica M series camera bodies and their frailties.
With my Sl, it so easy to manual focus, it puts the M series to shame. But hey, the M series is a good looking camera, no doubt. You could set it on the shelf next to your manual focus Polaroid whth the diaphragm lens, for all to see.

Jan 23, 2017 at 03:40 PM
rodizzle33
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Leica SL

I have plenty of M bodies, and I have a time and place when I think the rangefinder is much better. To manually focus with a ranger finder is so quick for me. As for the SL when I need to critically focus, thats when this camera shine. The EVF on the M10 is not as good but it's not a slouch either. As people keeping dumping the price of the SL it's really not worth it for me sell, because it's a camera I truly love. So I may withdraw the item!

Jan 24, 2017 at 09:10 PM
rodizzle33
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Leica SL

Price drop to 5100 and I will include the Adapter which is a 300 dollar value

Jan 26, 2017 at 07:05 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Leica SL

The Leica SL and 24-90 zoom are an incredible combo. And I cannot wait to receive my new 50mm Summilux-SL pre-order. The images are spectacular and it's brought a new joy to shooting weddings.

Jan 26, 2017 at 08:06 PM
rodizzle33
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Leica SL

I agree! I just can't have them all!

Jan 26, 2017 at 08:08 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.