New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · providing images of different crops question

rittenhouses

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · providing images of different crops question

So I did my brother in law and sister in laws newborn photos, as I did their first two children. but something occurred to me this time around that didn't before. Should I give different crop files per photo to them? I am not printing their photos, just giving them the disc with all the files. So if they wanted to print a 4x6 or a 5x7 or an 8x10, should i provide the appropriate crop of the photo? What do you all do? I'm a bit irritated i didn't think of this before... but o well they are extremely happy with their photos and they never complained !

Tia!
Sarah

Jan 19, 2017 at 09:14 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · providing images of different crops question

I always give full size files; they can be printed smaller, no problem. And if they ever want larger prints, they can get those too.

Jan 19, 2017 at 09:17 PM
rittenhouses

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · providing images of different crops question

Thats what I usually do, give the full size image. But when I crop it aesthetically, I crop it at a certain size, but if they wanted to print say an 8x10 of a 5x7 crop its going to look different. Am I over thinking it now, and giving myself more work?

Jan 19, 2017 at 09:35 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · providing images of different crops question

rittenhouses wrote:
Thats what I usually do, give the full size image. But when I crop it aesthetically, I crop it at a certain size, but if they wanted to print say an 8x10 of a 5x7 crop its going to look different. Am I over thinking it now, and giving myself more work?

Depends on the image.
Sometimes I'll have an image in there cropped and uncropped.

Most of the images are cropped how I see fit.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:38 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · providing images of different crops question

I tend to ask ahead of time if they intend to print, and if so, I'll ask what size(s) they envision. I'll give them files cropped to the specific size they say they want, in addition to the full size file. Of course, I'm talking about doing this for favors, not for hire. I have done a few shoots for hire, and when I do that I'll be very specific ahead of time about what they want.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:51 PM
rittenhouses

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · providing images of different crops question

Thank you! yes this is favors, and i want them to have the best at their disposal. I think i will have options for them, clearly labeled if i specifically crop the image, and just the 1, if i don't. makes the most sense i guess. all of them artful size images they can do what they please with. Thank again for your input Ernie and bbourisk!

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:06 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.