FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · CANON 600MM F/4L VERSION 1 VS. PRESENT MODEL

daleg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · CANON 600MM F/4L VERSION 1 VS. PRESENT MODEL

dgdg wrote:
The 600mm II come up for sale here regularly but infrequently. They move slowly giving you time.
You have until November for the Conowingo barbeque!
Canon charges tax on refurbs, which you need to take into account. And if they are rarely available, a much better price doesn't mean much it you want something now.

Did you sign up for Canon Price Watch alerts?

David

Hi David,

Good points. At the moment, the only 600mm Mk II on the board would require a flight to Oregon - as it's local only. After yesterday's American Airline incident, no thanks.

I don't have to wait until November, as the river is a 90degree turn of my head - when I'm at my desk (so my monitors do not obstruct the view). Our porch is between my cave and the river, and our deck is outside our porch and cantilevers the river. It's a target rich environment. Not like the dam, but still...

Good point on the tax issue re refurb lenses. I've paid sales tax a couple or more times to CanonUSA.

Thanks for the CPW tip - and yes, I have signed up for their alerts. I check their refurb links daily - and btw, when I last looked - earlier today - they actually have ONE COPY of the 800mm monster lens (a refurb listed as available from CanonUSA).

Thanks,
Dale

Apr 11, 2017 at 02:57 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.