Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

Ziffl3
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

For shooters who dabble a little or a lot in commercial work..... this could be a great step.

www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/news/fujifilm-officially-unveils-gfx-medium-format-system?utm_medium=Email%25201636092&utm_campaign=NewAnnouncement&utm_source=FujiFilm+Leica%2520170118&utm_content=Explora&utm_term=fujifilm-unveils-gfx

add the https:// if needed.

Jan 19, 2017 at 08:09 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

Body + 35 f2.8 (equivalent) + 95 f4 (equivalent) is $10,700 USD

I guess there's a wedding photog out there who could find some sort of ROI in this?

Jan 19, 2017 at 08:24 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

There are all kinds of business models out there....

For the majority of shooters.... way over-kill for sure.

I know several wedding shooters that do shoot commercial. This could be a good fit.

-Mark

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:04 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

I would be a better photographer if I just had this camera

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

I will buy this, but I will wait and see if this gets some of those crazy Fuji deals they do I'm all in on the mirrorless Fuji cameras. I switched 4 years ago and LOVE IT!!! Uf I could get this for $1k less or more I will pull the trigger.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

paparazzinick wrote:
I will buy this, but I will wait and see if this gets some of those crazy Fuji deals they do I'm all in on the mirrorless Fuji cameras. I switched 4 years ago and LOVE IT!!! Uf I could get this for $1k less or more I will pull the trigger.

Where do the deals showup?

-Mark

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:56 AM
wenkanzhu
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

I would prefer Hassel X1D for 1/2000s leaf shutter. Fuji's 1/125 sync speed is too slow.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:46 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

wenkanzhu wrote:
I would prefer Hassel X1D for 1/2000s leaf shutter. Fuji's 1/125 sync speed is too slow.

wow, yeah. that's crazy slow

Jan 19, 2017 at 01:43 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

wenkanzhu wrote:

Wow, with that slow of a sync speed, it really makes you wonder who this thing is for. I mean, someone shooting headshots with continuous lights in a studio, I suppose. At that point though, with studio conditions, no real difference between this and the 5Dsr. :/

Jan 19, 2017 at 02:03 PM
tgillespie
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

Just curious why 1/125th is too slow compared to 1/200th of your regular dSLR. Holding ambient at 1/125th shouldn't be too difficult.

Jan 19, 2017 at 02:52 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

tgillespie wrote:
Just curious why 1/125th is too slow compared to 1/200th of your regular dSLR. Holding ambient at 1/125th shouldn't be too difficult.

1/125 is a full stop slower than 1/250 that I am used to and 4 stops from the 1/2000 leaf shutter that was mentioned above. Thinking about strobe work especially, that means you're losing a stop of flash power. It means HSS if you want to stop more ambient, or ND filters. It isn't a deal breaker for everyone, but it does muddy the waters about who this is for. Clearly not targeted at strobists.

Jan 19, 2017 at 02:56 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

I don't understand the allure of smaller than full-frame medium format to begin with. Not to mention the slow x-sync, that's super lame.

Jan 19, 2017 at 03:21 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

1/125th is pretty normal for a mini MF sensor. HSS will work with the TTL flash and Fuji might release some leaf shutter lenses in the future.

I like the idea of the Haselblad too but it takes up to 7 seconds to boot up and it's still mostly vapour ware.

I'm interested in shooting more medium format at weddings. Something different to shoot with. I'm taking one along to todays wedding to see how it goes as a third body.

Gordon

Jan 19, 2017 at 03:28 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

flash wrote:
1/125th is pretty normal for a mini MF sensor. HSS will work with the TTL flash and Fuji might release some leaf shutter lenses in the future.

I like the idea of the Haselblad too but it takes up to 7 seconds to boot up and it's still mostly vapour ware.

I'm interested in shooting more medium format at weddings. Something different to shoot with. I'm taking one along to todays wedding to see how it goes as a third body.

Gordon

Be sure to report back, I'm curious how it will be in the field.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is sexy as hell and is really interesting from a tech standpoint. I am skeptical how much, if anything, you gain over a high MP DSLR, though. The DR/IQ from the D8x0/5Dsr/A7RII are already so good and the lens lineups are very mature.

Jan 19, 2017 at 03:44 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

BSPhotog wrote:
Be sure to report back, I'm curious how it will be in the field.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is sexy as hell and is really interesting from a tech standpoint. I am skeptical how much, if anything, you gain over a high MP DSLR, though. The DR/IQ from the D8x0/5Dsr/A7RII are already so good and the lens lineups are very mature.

Curious about this as well. I was editing my 2nds photos this week and he shoots with a D800. I could literally make out detail on the blackheads of someones face with that thing. Incredible. As for gear goes, I feel like we're pretty squared away these days with any number of cameras.

Jan 19, 2017 at 03:57 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

BSPhotog wrote:
I am skeptical how much, if anything, you gain over a high MP DSLR, though. The DR/IQ from the D8x0/5Dsr/A7RII are already so good and the lens lineups are very mature.

If and I don't know that it does, it captures in true 16 bit then you can say good by to banding in skies and other graduated colors. Does that make it worth the price, the size and weight?

Jan 19, 2017 at 04:08 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

Trying not to push the preorder button... Trying not to push the preorder button....

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:07 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

Tony Hoffer wrote:
Trying not to push the preorder button... Trying not to push the preorder button....

Just push the button, man. We'll all live vicariously through you.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:29 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

Remember that Fuji will be releasing an adapter for the Hasselblad H mount. So you'll be able to have leaf shutter lenses with higher sync speed. But you'll lose autofocus.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fujifilm GFX looks to ship end of February.....

I wonder how many who buy this also dismissed mirrorless cameras for professional use

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.