Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

I use color assignment to a smart collection for shots of kids whose parents want a real record of their daughter/son's athletic activities. You can get Red, Yellow, Blue, Green with 6-9, but purple has to be moused. I've looked around a bit, and while I can find multiple ways to alter the stroke for a number of activities, can't find a way to get purple with out hitting the drop down box. Anyone figure this one out?

Thanks,

Robert

Jan 18, 2017 at 09:31 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

I don't think there is .
this maybe a silly question but do you use all your other colour labels / star ratings and flag status ?

Jan 19, 2017 at 04:03 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
I don't think there is .
this maybe a silly question but do you use all your other colour labels / star ratings and flag status ?

Basically, yes. Flag goes up-down-pick. I kill the down ASAP (particularly when shooting sports). The pick will be those good enough to be considered. (Unflagged are kept for possible future use.) I use all of the colors but purple and need another smart collection for another parent.

Stars are a temp feature, normally only 3 and 5 to mark survivors for possibilities. I guess I could start assigning a 1 star to another parent group. That would be quick and easy. The great thing about color is you can see it in grid display, whereas, I don't think the others show up unless you look down at the strip. Sometimes I move faster than I should, but someone else makes the deadlines. I'll go back and study stars. I have used them mostly as temporary markers (1* -> yearbook, 2* -> group and individual pix 4* -> a specific project like a plein air "portrait" generally of a family. If I just did sports by flag that could free up a couple of stars. I guess that's the only solution I can see.

Thanks Ian. I'll have to figure out how to change my system to meet my needs given the "the" system isn't flexible.

Robert

Jan 19, 2017 at 05:35 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

Mac or Windows?

Mac: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1154858

Windows: http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/keyboardtamer.php

Perhaps?

Jan 19, 2017 at 06:15 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

^^^^

Thanks Paul . I've learnt something today

just tried it and yes that does work

Jan 19, 2017 at 06:49 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

Thanks Ian. I'll have to figure out how to change my system to meet my needs given the "the" system isn't flexible.

well see Paul post .

but yes I find sometimes LR could be a tad more 'flexible'

one annoyance I had was as like you I assigned some smart collections to pick up a colour. it would be nice to be able to assign more than 1 colour to an image .
(Paul will now probably tell me thats possible ) .

Jan 19, 2017 at 06:53 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

I find sometimes LR could be a tad more 'flexible' I'd like to nominate this line for the "Photographic understatement of the year" in the software category. Does remind me of my boot camp days: right way, wrong way, adobe way. Oh, sorry, navy way!

Robert

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lr key assign for purple pick?

Didn't know the navy had boot camp I thought they had swim camp

Jan 19, 2017 at 05:01 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.