New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

mah4ever
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the A99 ii, regarding i) buffer size (i.e. how many raws can be captured at full burst rate, before the buffer fills) and ii) buffer full capture rate (i.e. once the buffer fills at what fps rate do captures continue, while the buffer is emptying).

Thx in advance if anyone has any experience on this.

Jan 18, 2017 at 03:56 PM
mogul
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

Look under drive
http://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilca-99m2/specifications

Jan 18, 2017 at 04:10 PM
mah4ever
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

Thx! Yup see the buffer size data there. Anyone with experience on buffer full burst rate?

Jan 18, 2017 at 05:39 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

In my experiemce with the a560, a65, a99, a7, a7II, and RX1, once the buffer was full, the entire camera is locked up with a red light illuminated until the buffer is cleared. Hopefully, the a99II will rectify this. Anyone have theirs yet?

Jan 18, 2017 at 06:23 PM
mogul
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

TheEmrys wrote:
In my experiemce with the a560, a65, a99, a7, a7II, and RX1, once the buffer was full, the entire camera is locked up with a red light illuminated until the buffer is cleared. Hopefully, the a99II will rectify this. Anyone have theirs yet?

I have one and the buffer writing I believe is fixed. I have never even come close to filling the buffer so don't take my word for it. Image Resource has part 1 of their review up and it is not clear if you can shoot while buffer is clearing. By the way, they are wrong that it only shoots 11.1 fps, tests have shown it does 12.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-a99-ii/sony-a99-iiA.HTM

Jan 18, 2017 at 06:51 PM
mah4ever
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A99 ii buffer size and buffer full capture rate

FYI. Found this:

At about the 12 minute mark, they imply that when the buffer fills, the camera stalls for 30+ seconds.

Jan 20, 2017 at 07:25 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.