Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon ZM

Jeff Laitila
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon ZM

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon ZM

Sold

Price: $425.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail, fully insured and trackable

Optically and cosmetically this lens is pretty much perfect. No dust, haze, scratches or other optical issues. The aperture blades are perfect, and the aperture click stops are nice and distinct.

It produces gorgeous images with that famous Zeiss color and pop.

There is one issue though. The focus is not smooth. There is varying and uneven resistance depending on which way you turn the focus. It is more stiff in one direction that the other.

I have found that the more you exercise the focus the smoother it gets, but it never achieves full as-new smoothness. It's like a higher than standard viscosity grease had been applied in the factory. There is no mechanical resistance, just thick/stubborn grease impeding the normal smooth focus.

Includes front and rear caps. I do not have the lens hood, and I do not have the original box.

If one is into zone focusing this will not be an issue. but for a person relying on fast manual focus it would be an issue. The reduced price reflects this issue.

Price is all-inclusive. No extra charges for shipping, or extra PayPal fees.

Edited on Jan 21, 2017 at 02:43 AM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2017 at 02:27 PM
NathanBucs

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon ZM

The pics show a 35/2 biogon not a 2.8 as the ad suggests

Jan 18, 2017 at 04:59 PM
Jeff Laitila
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon ZM

Oops. My mistake.

I've got a newborn in the house and am somewhat sleep deprived. Not thinking as clearly as I should be.

The title has been updated to match the actual lens.

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2017 at 04:22 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.