Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · What do you use to edit your 5DIV 4K videos?

Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What do you use to edit your 5DIV 4K videos?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro with 16gb RAM and a SSD to run my programs from. I've used 64-bit Sony Vegas Pro 12 for a few years for all my video editing, with no problems. Now I'm trying to "edit" a lengthy 4K video I recorded this weekend (~17 minutes, 60gb or so of auto-created clips), and Vegas is crapping out on me. I said "edit" because all I'm doing is merging all the 4gb clips that the camera creates, adding a fade-in/fade out, and a title overlay. That's it. Vegas throws a memory error when trying to export in 4K format, but will allow me to export to 1080P format. I did research on it and tried all suggested solutions for the memory error and nothing. So I guess it's time to move on to a different (more powerful?) editor.

So, what do you guys on Windows use?

Thanks

Jan 17, 2017 at 08:41 PM
wjauch

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What do you use to edit your 5DIV 4K videos?

Magix have purchased Vegas from Sony, Vegas Pro 14 was released about 3 months ago. There is a free trial. My suggestion is to see if this will do what you need as it is probably a lot of work to relearn everything you know how to do in Vegas in another program. Vegascreativesoftware.info is Magix Vegas forum where some knowledgeable users may be able to help you further. One suggestion that is posted a lot is to turn off gpu acceleration in Vegas

Jan 17, 2017 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.