New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · RC helicopter video I shot with X-T2 and 50-140 lens

racin06

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RC helicopter video I shot with X-T2 and 50-140 lens

Another hobby I have is flying RC airplanes and helicopters. This is a young kid, Spencer, who flies with us illustrating his crazy aerobatic skills. I shot video hand-held with my X-T2 and 50-140 lens.

Settings:

Film Simulation - Pro Neg Hi

Resolution - 1080P @ 60 fps

SS – 1/125 sec.

Aperture – 2.8

ISO - 2500

Focus – C-AF

Focus Area - Single Point

WB – Fluorescent

Focal Length – 50 mm

I processed the video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and made some minor highlights and shadows adjustments. I also decreased the saturation a small amount. The exported video was saved at a bitrate of 20 Mbps for upload to Vimeo. Yes, I could have stepped back some in order to keep the helicopter in the frame. Though I wanted to be somewhat close in order to test the C-AF. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the video quality of the X-T2 and the C-AF works well. However, I should have had the focus area set to Zone. I will try that next time.

Jan 17, 2017 at 02:31 PM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RC helicopter video I shot with X-T2 and 50-140 lens

That's some skilled flying! I fly RC foamies for fun alongside others who fly the larger 600 class gas/electric helicopters. The RC heli's always make me nervous since they can fly in pretty much any direction/orientation on a flip of a hat. At least with an RC plane, you know where it's going. Just look for the nose of the plane.

I'll have to take my X-T2 out and shoot some video next time I go flying. Good stuff!

Jan 17, 2017 at 05:00 PM
racin06

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RC helicopter video I shot with X-T2 and 50-140 lens

Yes, and those RC helis tend to eat foamies, as well!

Jan 19, 2017 at 03:16 PM
Nick3434
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RC helicopter video I shot with X-T2 and 50-140 lens

That is insane! Couldn't have picked a more difficult target to video. Looks pretty good. The fujis have an awful rap for vids. Glad to see it isn't a nightmare as they would have you think as I haven't tried yet.

Jan 20, 2017 at 06:28 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.