New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Epson P800 Shadow Problem

ljkamler
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson P800 Shadow Problem

I'm new to printing, and I've been using an Epson P800 for several months now. Lately, I've been having trouble with dark shadow areas. The printer seems to print these areas as a grey. They are no longer black at all. I'm not really sure what's going on. I've experimented with numerous paper profiles, perceptual vs. relative, tried letting the printer manage color, etc. I usually print in LR, but I'm having the same trouble if I print in Photoshop too.

Sorry for the crappy examples. These are some quick photos I snapped of some prints. The first one is a print I made several months ago. The shadows under the foliage are black, as they should be. The second one is a print from today. The shadows are no longer shadows, but a shade of grey. It looks kind of like there's snow under the leaves at the bottom of the image. Any ideas or suggestions?

IMG_4629 by Louis Kamler, on Flickr

IMG_4628 by Louis Kamler, on Flickr

Jan 15, 2017 at 06:52 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson P800 Shadow Problem

so when was the last time you ran either a manual or automatic nozzle test/test print??

My hunch is that you'll find 1 or more black channels having problems.

Edited on Jan 16, 2017 at 07:56 AM · View previous versions

Jan 15, 2017 at 09:37 PM
ljkamler
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson P800 Shadow Problem

howardm4 wrote:
so when was the last time you ran either a manual or automatic nozzle test/test print??

My hunch is that you'll find 1 or more blacks having problems.

You're exactly right. I ran a test/clean after my initial post, and just now tried printing after you posted. Back to normal! Thanks.

Jan 15, 2017 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.