New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Google Street View

childan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Google Street View

So I stumbled upon a new niche for me but am wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm thinking about selling Google Street View virtual tours for business. I've seen other companies sell them. To me it seemed like you sell packages to customers based on their needs. I would do all of the 360 photos according to Google specs and upload them.

Has anyone done something like this? How was your experience? What kind of work flow do you use? I'm thinking of using one of the preferred ones by Google.

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:06 PM
mphocus
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Google Street View

I was looking into this at one time. Another photographer was selling his rig and I thought it would be good to give it a go. I first asked around my community if there were anyone that would want this service. I had a couple of takers but that was it. I then looked into the wider area to see if any of the businesses use this. I didn't see a lot of people doing it. So I came to the conclusion it used to be a thing to do but it isn't any longer. I am living in Canada and people up here are a little more conservative so you being in the USA may find more willing customers.

Do your research first. If businesses definitely want to do get a deposit. It does take some time to do and you don't want to book time off for it only to be turned down so the deposit will help with that.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it turns out for you

Jan 21, 2017 at 02:38 PM
childan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Google Street View

Thank mphocus. I do agree that it isn't a new thing but to me it is. Google has made it easier to do with their Google Street View app. I'm not looking to do this as a full time thing but on the side to make more money. The cost of entry is pretty low when using one of Google's recommended camera's.

The reason I want to do it is because as a consumer I came across a restaurant that had "Feed Store" in their name. I thought it was weird but they had a virtual tour of their restaurant. I was able to walk through their restaurant. It was an eye opener and made me want to try them out. This is what sparked me to do it. I know it works because it worked on me. Other genres can use it. My mother in law will go to 4 different dentists offices before choosing one. If she can do that online before hand could help her make her choice.

I was wondering how to do the payment. I think a deposit would be good.

How would I handle this? I will have to walk around and sell this service to businesses. How do I prove that I am a legit and am worthy of a deposit? Is a portfolio enough?

Jan 26, 2017 at 03:26 PM
milkod2001
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Google Street View

i believe it used to be the way that you had to be google certified photographer if you wanted to do this. Now you have to submit 'only' 50no. 360' photos to earn budge to get recognised.

Personally i find it cool but it is no longer something what is so much desired. If you think you can have a few customers here and there than go ahead.Why not.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:41 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.