New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

craig_k
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

suggestions or input from current users for version 2.4 and canon bodies-lens, 7D-5DMK2- l glass... I am experiencing (repeatedly) upon initial setup that I get an error in autofocus tab target setup.....error: "lens fails to focus"... I have 1 shot-av mode-single point AF set up, no bbf actuated..default meter-af with shutter button press- EOS utility not actuated..anyone else experience this initially? large target supplied by FoCal.......Intel i7- Windows 10 -Explorer browser- camera shows connected- can retrieve all kinds of other info-exif-shutter counts so its communicating. But it cannot move focus ring or fire test shot, using supplied canon usb cord as far as I can tell I have required settings in place, any constructive input or experiences of same action initially? How can it be communicating and not be able to perform the first basic function of setup? installed on PC and Laptop both exhibit same issue.

Jan 08, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

I thought they said that 2.4 didn't work on canon cameras and they hoped for an update in January 2017

Jan 08, 2017 at 12:46 PM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Kenneth; .......fyi:

http://www.reikan.co.uk/focalweb/index.php/why/camera-compatibility/

Jan 08, 2017 at 02:23 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Did you switch off is on the lens?

Jan 09, 2017 at 03:02 AM
EGrav
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Kenneth Farver wrote:
I thought they said that 2.4 didn't work on canon cameras and they hoped for an update in January 2017

That is correct if you use MacOS Sierra.

Jan 09, 2017 at 09:37 AM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Michael, it isn't an IS equipped lens....good point though as I had both the quickstart and the whole manual open for instructions about particulars

Jan 09, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

I downloaded the version in late November early December and it worked much better than the version I had on my computer. It tells you what is working and what needs tweaking in the setup screen or target setup screen my biggest problems was lighting I ended up using my modeling lights on my quadra light to light the target. Then I paced off the distance it would tell me if I got it close then the biggest pain was removing my battery grip and having to use a base for my tripod head from one of my lenses on the body as I only had a l plate for the body and grip with me I singed ordered some extra gp plates.

Jan 10, 2017 at 02:18 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

I almost purchased and downloaded this this past weekend but held off.
I plan on using this on my 5DII as well as my 70D but not if there is an issue going on here.

Did you get this figured out yet?

Jan 10, 2017 at 02:06 PM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Lighthound: I sent an email to reikan support with particulars, and copy of reports generated about data program gathered- site says it can take up to 3 days for response... the reply from support was received the following morning, they kindly provided a checklist of camera settings to verify and added admittedly there are some known issues with 2.4 and if encountering obstacles to back up to download version 2.3.....

Jan 10, 2017 at 09:04 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Thanks craig. Did you get it working using the checklist or did you have to go back to 2.3?
And if you went to 2.3, is that working properly?

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:59 PM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

I can now report that the Reikan tech support team recommendation of backing up to version 2.3 was indeed a successful solution to the issue. my original settings were correct as they mirrored the setup guide positioning. once 2.3 was installed it worked fine as promoted.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:19 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

I was just on their site and even added the Pro version to my cart but I don't see any option or even a note to tell you what version you are purchasing.

If 2.4 isn't working why would they not give people the option to select the version they want. I don't want to download 2.4 if it's not going to work and would rather just skip to the chase and download 2.3.

How or where did you find the 2.3 download?

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM
EGrav
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Reikan FoCal 2.4 version initial setup issue

Once you purchase and have an account, there is a section for older version downloads. Buy the latest, don't install, go to licensing page and download older version, and install that older version.

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.