Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

ATurturro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

hi all,

i have very little experience shooting models/people, so any suggestions on this shot or suggestions for future shoots would be much appreciated.

thanks,
ana

i was not expecting to be shooting this day, so i had to use just what i had in my backpack which was a 5d2 and 17-40/f4. i didnt have a flash or any lighting.

version 1.

version 2.

Jan 07, 2017 at 06:14 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

For what it's worth, what's interesting to me here is the wall and mirror. The person in the foreground is uninteresting. I would have shot where I'm just focusing on her reflection in the mirror, leaving out the sihouetted body.

Jan 07, 2017 at 07:12 PM
ATurturro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

friscoron wrote:
For what it's worth, what's interesting to me here is the wall and mirror. The person in the foreground is uninteresting. I would have shot where I'm just focusing on her reflection in the mirror, leaving out the sihouetted body.

thank you so much for taking the time to comment. now that you mention the silhouette, i understand that it is not really an important part of the image. i might try to redo this shot, and i will keep that in mind.

Jan 07, 2017 at 07:47 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

I like the composition as is. I prefer the color version; I prefer the b/w crop. Any other images from this session, Ana?
Don't make excuses for your lack of equipment; one characteristic of a professional is to make do with what you have. You done good.

Jan 08, 2017 at 02:18 AM
talfulano
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

I would like to see the first image, with out the cropping in color. Don't care much for black and white.

Jan 08, 2017 at 08:30 AM
CMcG01
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · prom dress portrait in an asylum (c&c)

I love the blue and tan colors, textures, and shades, I agree the silhouette takes away from the rest.

Jan 09, 2017 at 10:15 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.