New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Samyang 135mm f2

dwalk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Samyang 135mm f2

I am considering purchasing this lense. I am aware it is manual focus only but in nikon mount transmits lense and focus information to the body. Could anyone help me ascertain if the nikon teleconverters fit this lense and if so whether the focus conformation/lense data is retained. Also what degradation in image quality results from the teleconverter.
Thanking you in advance.

Jan 07, 2017 at 11:19 AM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Samyang 135mm f2

never tried, i have access to the tc14 I suppose I could try to test. What's the goal, a 190mm f2.8 lens? Focus is tricky enough to find at 135/2

Jan 07, 2017 at 02:36 PM
dwalk
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Samyang 135mm f2

Already possess the tcs which I used with a 300mm f2.8. Due to my physical deterioration with age sold the 300mm because of the weight but would like to know if they could be used with this lense. Its a relatively light combination and would give a range from 135mm f2 to 270mm f4 on full frame and 1.5x on dx which would be useful for wildlife parks etc. But would they fit and would the quality remain. The bare lense would be used for portraiture.

Jan 08, 2017 at 03:32 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.