Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Any opinions on the OM Zuiko 75-150/4 ?

PhotoMaximum
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any opinions on the OM Zuiko 75-150/4 ?

My office and photo storage containment is a complete disaster. It has gotten to the point where my wife came down this morning and was asking if I felt if I had some kind of attention deficit disorder? I laughed but I don't think she was kidding?

Anyhoo, I am going to spend a couple of days sorting, throwing stuff out and getting it all organized.

To the point: I found a completely forgotten lens, namely the Olympus OM Zuiko 75-150/4. I bought this a long time ago with a whole OM kit. I think I dismissed this lens as a cheap zoom for amateurs? But I am looking at this lens: it is tiny, feels good and is f/4 all through the zoom range. These Zuikos were just nicely built.

I will test it. I know this is not an expensive lens out there in the wild. But I am curious if any of you have experience with this lens?

Thanks!

Jan 06, 2017 at 06:26 PM
Peire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any opinions on the OM Zuiko 75-150/4 ?

Here you can find some pictures that I took with the OM Zuiko 75-150/4 on the A7M2 last November.A very good zoom.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1248646/15

Jan 07, 2017 at 01:03 PM
CalW
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any opinions on the OM Zuiko 75-150/4 ?

I have one - haven't done anything serious with it but some quick in-house testing showed promise, at least in the mid ranges. Near 75 and 150 it appeared to lack sharpness, but I didn't pursue it. I doubt I'll keep the lens - it came as a "bonus" with some others - as I much prefer the really great OM primes in this range.

Jan 07, 2017 at 01:15 PM
PhotoMaximum
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any opinions on the OM Zuiko 75-150/4 ?

I was in the same camp: this lens came as a "bonus" with more "interesting" OM kit. I simply dropped it into a box and buried it in my office storage for years.

The lens is tiny. I can hold the lens with the end in the heal of my hand and my fingers will wrap around the top of the built in lens hood. This is pretty cool for a constant f/4 from 75-150.

I have grown to appreciate OM Zuiko lenses. I get "it" that this zoom is not going to give me the same IQ that specific OM "rock stars" like the 100/2, 90 macro or the 250/2 will render. But this little zoom feels just right on the a7RII as a walk around tele zoom option. A couple of quick pics indoors tonight makes me want to explore more.

Tonight should be fun. My wife is in Canada and I am going to old Ballard, a funky part of Seattle to play with the Sony, my new 35/1.7 Ultron, Pentacon 135/2.8 and my 52/1.2 projector lens gizmo. Just seeing how all this works in the dark against restuarant and street lights, etc...

Jan 07, 2017 at 09:04 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.