New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

jo-rope

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

I have a nikon D300S that i LOVE but my freind just bought a Sony A6000 and the pictures are very nice i waqs wondering if i just bought a sony body will an adapter enable me to use my nikon lenses

Jan 06, 2017 at 03:19 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

Sure, adapters can be found pretty cheap for manual focus only. There are also some that focus the FX image circle onto the smaller A6000 sensor if you have FX lenses for a bit more (Speedbooster (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1079571&gclid=Cj0KEQiAnb3DBRCX2ZnSnMyO9dIBEiQAOcXYHyYd8Ax5juBA8Mmiy1l9ROQd61SwO3PfHbxUPfGErQkaAgxb8P8HAQ&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677442%2C&is=REG&A=details), Mitakon (http://www.amazon.com/Zhongyi-Mitakon-Reducer-Booster-Adapter/dp/B00MRMZ6SA) ). There is now an AF adapter, but who knows how well that works (http://fotodioxpro.com/products/nikg-snye-fusion?variant=33785042887).

Jan 06, 2017 at 03:37 PM
BlueBomberTurbo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

The AF adapter might work in a limited fashion on the A6000, but it will perform almost as well as native on the A6300 and A6500 due to the improved AF. Note that it only works on AF-S lenses, and some lenses aren't fully compatible.

Jan 06, 2017 at 07:44 PM
saaber1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

Ignore, phone battery died mid-post...

Edited on Jan 06, 2017 at 09:05 PM · View previous versions

Jan 06, 2017 at 08:48 PM
saaber1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

If seeking to use Nikon lenses with adapter using auto focus I would not do it. Af adapter is spendy and I know canon af adapters are horribly slow and not very accurate. I would much rather put that same $ into a fx body.

If seeking to use Nikon F lens using manual focus it works great. I use a k and f (I think that's the name) $18 adapter for my fx Nikon, zeiss, and sigma lenses on an a6000. The a6000s focus peaking makes it very easy to use. Amazon has the adapter (look at highest ranked ones and you'll see K and f or k and h or whatever the name is. Build quality and fit is fantastic with that adapter. Make sure you get an adapter that says "Nikon g compatible". Such an adapter will have manual aperture control which allows you to use Nikon g (gelded) lenses that don't have manual aperture control on the lens.

If u are trying to improve image quality the most gains imo will come from upgrading to a Nikon fx body. If seeking to get a pocket camera with ability to also use existing Nikon glass the a6000 is an excellent choice imo. Sony's pancake 20mm f/2.8 works great for that. If seeking to transition to Sony aps-c but still use your Nikon lenses it's an inexpensive way to do that (subject to the manual focus vs auto focus limitations noted above). Thx!

Jan 06, 2017 at 09:04 PM
notherenow
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

Dumb adapters for lenses with mechanical aperture and focus rings are cheap and work well but no AF or EXIF of course.

There is only one smart adapter as yet I think for Nikon lenses to E mount and that wont work with the some of the latest lenses. AF with AF-S lenses would probably be slow with the A6000 if it works (it would be better as far as AF speed with later Sony cameras as many of the Canon lenses are).

I find using Canon lenses on E mount is quite accurate but is slow but usable much of the time with my A7s and previous A7 for my purposes. Canon smart adapters are many though and some are quite cheap. My M4/3 Canon adapter is pretty quick for AF so there is hope.

I don't think it will work with the A6000 but there is also that adapter for Sony E mount that allows AF with many manual focus lenses. It is for Leica lenses but many put an adapter in the adapter and it seems to work well so AI/AIS/screw drive AF lenses may well be able to AF on some Sony cameras. Anyone know if THAT works on the A6000?

Jan 07, 2017 at 11:11 PM
jo-rope

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · adapter lenses from nikon to sony a6000

appreciate the responses, and it makes me think there is nothing else to do ....if i want to retire my NIKON and go SONY i,ll just have to make the decision to get the full kit with the kit lenses(it,s like having a good looking wife and when some other attractive girl passes, you want to relate to her ALSO!)

Jan 08, 2017 at 01:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.