New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · PSA: Old Sigma Lenses

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PSA: Old Sigma Lenses

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that those old AF Sigma lenses that Er99 on newer Canon bodies work great on Metabones adapters, including full aperture control. I was able to get a great price on a 400mm Tele Macro, that if old reviews are to be believed was as good or better than the Canon contemporary lens. I added a 28mm f/1.8 for a great price and plan to check out some others. More thoughts on the lenses and my experience at the link below.

Sigma PSA - AdaptedLenses.com

Jan 06, 2017 at 02:16 PM
trogdon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PSA: Old Sigma Lenses

That's good to hear! The ones for Minolta/Sony alpha mount work perfectly fine on the LA-EA3 (manually focused) and LA-EA4, I've used a few on my a7r just fine. There are some neat lenses that sigma used to make, such as the 180mm 5.6 macro

Jan 06, 2017 at 04:56 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PSA: Old Sigma Lenses

I'm still trying to figure out which were good and which were dogs. I know I want to try the 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 APO. It's said to be basically the same as the Contax N 70-210 which is well regarded (and apparently the Sigma was at the time as well.) I'd like to find a normal zoom as well. As I find more I'll be sure to update.

Jan 06, 2017 at 05:09 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.