4       end

Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

Elijah wrote:
Actually, you want the build, ease of use and button layout from Profoto

Yeah, probably. Do they make a medium sized speedlight?

Feb 16, 2017 at 03:09 PM
ai3x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

Elijah wrote:
Actually, you want the build, ease of use and button layout from Profoto

Actually I really like the button layout of the Phottix. Having a dedicated physical button for each group is brilliant when you're trying to swap and change things in a hurry.

Feb 17, 2017 at 01:27 AM
level1photog
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

I sold my Godox AD360 II because I like Godox AD600 all in one unit. I got 2of them. If this go on sale, I'm definitely interested for night time or indoor shoot.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM
JThomas
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:
Actually I really like the button layout of the Phottix. Having a dedicated physical button for each group is brilliant when you're trying to swap and change things in a hurry.

I have and like the Phottix layout too. The new manual Godox XT-32 transmitter looks better than the older one.
http://flashhavoc.com/godox-xt32-transmitter-announced/

May 18, 2017 at 05:32 PM
level1photog
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

I picked up 2-AD200. This combined with AD600B, and a couple V860 II is a perfect setup for my needs. No more AA batteries and 1 remote to trigger them all.

May 18, 2017 at 05:37 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

JThomas wrote:
I have and like the Phottix layout too. The new manual Godox XT-32 transmitter looks better than the older one.
http://flashhavoc.com/godox-xt32-transmitter-announced/

I was excited about the XT32 when it came out for Nikon and I even pre-ordered 2 of them...but then I canceled before they were available. Better button layout and more direct access to power levels for each group would be awesome, but not at the cost of comprehensive display info. For some bizarre reason, the XT32 only shows info for one group at a time on the screen. That's a deal breaker.

May 18, 2017 at 06:04 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

BSPhotog wrote:
I was excited about the XT32 when it came out for Nikon and I even pre-ordered 2 of them...but then I canceled before they were available. Better button layout and more direct access to power levels for each group would be awesome, but not at the cost of comprehensive display info. For some bizarre reason, the XT32 only shows info for one group at a time on the screen. That's a deal breaker.

Yeah, it can't handle two people shooting at the same time either. You get the power level from the last persons shot always and not yours.

May 18, 2017 at 06:35 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:
Yeah, it can't handle two people shooting at the same time either. You get the power level from the last persons shot always and not yours.

That's bad and very unusual for Godox gear. All my Godox stuff can be triggered by two shooters and they can have different power settings, M or TTL.

May 18, 2017 at 06:42 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

MRomine wrote:
That's bad and very unusual for Godox gear. All my Godox stuff can be triggered by two shooters and they can have different power settings, M or TTL.

That hasn't been my experience at all. My understanding is that this is just a "design feature" [read: flaw] of the Godox and other wireless flash systems. Theoretically, the flash powers will be used from whichever trigger was the most recently changed or power-cycled. Additionally, groups that are off on one trigger and on for another will fire unless the trigger with them set off is power-cycled...unless you turn the group off by turning the power level all the way down below 1//128 IIRC.

May 18, 2017 at 07:01 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

BSPhotog wrote:
That hasn't been my experience at all. My understanding is that this is just a "design feature" [read: flaw] of the Godox and other wireless flash systems. Theoretically, the flash powers will be used from whichever trigger was the most recently changed or power-cycled. Additionally, groups that are off on one trigger and on for another will fire unless the trigger with them set off is power-cycled...unless you turn the group off by turning the power level all the way down below 1//128 IIRC.

I guess I should clarify, it's not like I have a large variety of Godox gear, but when I say all of my Godox gear, I mean all of my v860x (6) speedlights. So maybe it's not true for other Godox gear or if you are mixing and matching other speedlights but mine all work as I mentioned before, two shooters and different power levels work like a charm.

May 18, 2017 at 07:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ai3x
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

That's really interesting! I tried with the AD200.

Are you saying that with the v860 you can have two different triggers (which trigger are you using?) and have them set to different power levels and the flash will fire with the correct power for each trigger each time?

I'm a phottix user and that was the main thing which stopped me from switching.

May 18, 2017 at 09:50 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:
That's really interesting! I tried with the AD200.

Are you saying that with the v860 you can have two different triggers (which trigger are you using?) and have them set to different power levels and the flash will fire with the correct power for each trigger each time?

I'm a phottix user and that was the main thing which stopped me from switching.

Two shooters, we are mainly using a v860x on camera to trigger other v860x off camera. I also have the X1-t and use it to trigger v860x off camera while the 2nd is shooting with a v860x on-camera and hat works just fine too.

I'm a former Phottix Mitros + user and I can't be happier with the Godox stuff.

May 18, 2017 at 10:39 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

MRomine wrote:
Two shooters, we are mainly using a v860x on camera to trigger other v860x off camera. I also have the X1-t and use it to trigger v860x off camera while the 2nd is shooting with a v860x on-camera and hat works just fine too.

I'm a former Phottix Mitros + user and I can't be happier with the Godox stuff.

Awesome. Any chance you can do a quick check, put one trigger on full power, the other 1/128 and just make sure they both get the right power? If it does then I may well pick up some 860's, it didn't work with the AD200 when I tried it in shop.

May 18, 2017 at 11:37 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:
Awesome. Any chance you can do a quick check, put one trigger on full power, the other 1/128 and just make sure they both get the right power? If it does then I may well pick up some 860's, it didn't work with the AD200 when I tried it in shop.

Yes it is working just as I wrote above.

I set up one V860Xn on a light stand and then set up my flash meter about five feet away. Then I put a v860x on each of two D750. One was set for 1/125 power than the other 1/1. Flash meter was set to ISO 64. The one that is set to 1/125 gave me a reading of f 0.7 2/3 and the one set to 1/1 gave me a reading of f8.1. It didn't make any difference which one I shot first, the 1/1 or the 1/125, I got the same reading. So it will go from a full 1/1 dump down to the 1/125 as fast as I could shoot the two cameras. Same thing the other way, if I started with the low power setting of 1/125 and then a full dump I got the same readings.

It is really quite remarkable.

I remember when these were first released Tony Hoffer got some of the very first ones for Nikon and he did a similar test and posted it here on FM. But I can't find it now, it may be more than a year ago now that he posted it.

Edited on May 19, 2017 at 06:45 PM · View previous versions

May 19, 2017 at 12:36 AM
ai3x
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

MRomine wrote:
Yes it is working just as I wrote above.

I set up one V860Xn on a light stand and then set up my flash meter about five feet away. Then I put a v860x on each of two D750. One was set for 1/125 power than the other 1/1. Flash meter was set to ISO 64. The one that is set to 1/125 gave me a reading of f 0.7 2/3 and the one set to 1/1 gave me a reading of f8.1. It didn't make any difference which one I shot first, the 1/1 or the 1/125, I got the
...Show more

Awesome. It's really weird the AD200 didn't work like that! I assumed the whole system would be the same. Adorama even confirmed this to me.

May 19, 2017 at 12:53 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:
Awesome. It's really weird the AD200 didn't work like that! I assumed the whole system would be the same. Adorama even confirmed this to me.

That is odd. What are you triggering it with?

May 19, 2017 at 12:55 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:

Just to be clear on this end. Was Adorama saying that the AD200 would or that it would not work this way?

May 19, 2017 at 06:49 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

MRomine wrote:
Just to be clear on this end. Was Adorama saying that the AD200 would or that it would not work this way?

Like other 2.4GHz Godox lights, the AD200 definitely auto-switches when used with multiple camera's.

May 22, 2017 at 12:11 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

BigIronCruiser wrote:
Like other 2.4GHz Godox lights, the AD200 definitely auto-switches when used with multiple camera's.

Okay I'm really confused now. This seemed to be taking the power from the last pop and not the current one (when using multiple triggers), unless you changed the power on the trigger or hit the test button first.

May 22, 2017 at 04:50 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Godox :: the hits just keep on coming

ai3x wrote:
Okay I'm really confused now. This seemed to be taking the power from the last pop and not the current one (when using multiple triggers), unless you changed the power on the trigger or hit the test button first.

That's my experience with TT600/TT685/AD360II.

May 22, 2017 at 06:43 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password