Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked
  
 
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Has anyone stacked two of these extenders and used them on the 300 f4 Pro?

Will this combo AF and give decent IQ?



Jan 03, 2017 at 04:28 AM
DamC.Licks
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Can they even be physically stacked?


Jan 03, 2017 at 08:51 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


DamC.Licks wrote:
Can they even be physically stacked?


I have no idea. Found this on Olympus site though: The teleconverters cannot be stacked, nor can they be used with the EX-25 Extension Tube.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/quote/13864079

Seems lame, since you can stack Canon TC's.



Jan 03, 2017 at 04:43 PM
Iwas joeking
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked




Imagemaster wrote:
I have no idea. Found this on Olympus site though:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/quote/13864079

Seems lame, since you can stack Canon TC's.


How does it make it lame because Canon can do it?



Jan 03, 2017 at 05:30 PM
DamC.Licks
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Since when can you stack Canon TCs? I have both a 1.4x and a 2x Extender III and they can NOT be stacked.


Jan 03, 2017 at 06:54 PM
mitesh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


DamC.Licks wrote:
Since when can you stack Canon TCs? I have both a 1.4x and a 2x Extender III and they can NOT be stacked.


Previous series could be stacked, and you can even stack a series II with a series III.



Jan 03, 2017 at 07:36 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


You can stack a Canon 1.4x tc with a Canon 2x tc providing the 2x is a MKII (2x MkI or the new 2x MkIII will not stack).

http://www.billmajoros.com/photoalbum/categories/new/Teleconverters/index.html

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1466492

http://www.kruger-2-kalahari.com/stacking-teleconverters.html

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=195089

https://photoartflight.wordpress.com/tag/stacking-teleconverters/

http://www.komar.org/faq/camera/canon-70-200-2.8is-version2/canon-2x-teleconverter/







Jan 03, 2017 at 07:45 PM
Iwas joeking
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Imagemaster wrote:
You can stack a Canon 1.4x tc with a Canon 2x tc providing the 2x is a MKII (2x MkI or the new 2x MkIII will not stack).

http://www.billmajoros.com/photoalbum/categories/new/Teleconverters/index.html

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1466492

http://www.kruger-2-kalahari.com/stacking-teleconverters.html

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=195089

https://photoartflight.wordpress.com/tag/stacking-teleconverters/

http://www.komar.org/faq/camera/canon-70-200-2.8is-version2/canon-2x-teleconverter/




So why is Olympus lame because their TC's can't be stacked?



Jan 03, 2017 at 09:43 PM
Iwas joeking
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


No comment?


Jan 04, 2017 at 01:52 AM
DamC.Licks
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Ah. Never even seen the earlier versions.


Jan 04, 2017 at 07:39 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Bubble
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Iwas joeking wrote:
So why is Olympus lame because their TC's can't be stacked?


just the OP is lame. He already found the answer from Olympus itself but still asked. This is not the first time he whining about Olympus.



Jan 04, 2017 at 07:36 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Bubble wrote:
just the OP is lame. He already found the answer from Olympus itself but still asked. This is not the first time he whining about Olympus.


Oh look, the OW (Original Whiner) is back. Try learning how to read posts in the order they are posted.

I asked the question BEFORE finding the answer from Olympus. Duh.

As usual you contributed nothing useful to a thread.



Jan 04, 2017 at 08:20 PM
Bubble
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


My respond after you already found out the answer from Olympus and still call it lame. So seem like you're the one that need to learn to read post in order.

Seriously Tony, you should know m4/3 limitation, what they can offer. You can't expect them to be the same as Canon/Nikon. It needs time to mature. As of now, with the current camera and lenses line up, it is way better compare to last year. No one put a gun to your head and make you buy Olympus.

For the god shake...get your ass out and enjoy the EM1 MKii. Stop complaining man.



Jan 04, 2017 at 08:27 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Gee, my bad, calling a major corporation lame. Not like some people that call another member lame.

What has m4/3 limitation got to do with the inability to make a 1.4x TC that will work with more than 2 lenses? Or a 2x TC that will work with current lenses? Or the ability to make TC's that can be stacked?

And why can't they be expected to do what Canon/Nikon can do? Olympus cameras have only been around for about 80 years, the same as Canon.

Practice what you preach. All you have done on this thread is complain.

I will complain or praise any company I want to. Don't like it, don't read it. For god shake.



Jan 04, 2017 at 09:25 PM
Iwas joeking
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Imagemaster wrote:
Gee, my bad, calling a major corporation lame. Not like some people that call another member lame.

What has m4/3 limitation got to do with the inability to make a 1.4x TC that will work with more than 2 lenses? Or a 2x TC that will work with current lenses? Or the ability to make TC's that can be stacked?

And why can't they be expected to do what Canon/Nikon can do? Olympus cameras have only been around for about 80 years, the same as Canon.

Practice what you preach. All you have done on this thread is complain.

I will complain
...Show more

I think it's more complicated with m43 sensors because they become diffraction limited at low apertures. A two times means 2 f-stops which puts most of their lenses into f8 or worse territory(the 100-400 would be useless I think with a doubler on). Small pixels and all that soften up quickly. Look at the 300f4. It's as good as a lens can get but toss on the 1.4x and it's performance drops pretty quickly. It drops to close to the same performance as the pany 100-400 at 400. Stacking converters at any time is a recipe for soft images and even more so on m43 sensors. Maybe olympus doesn't bother with it knowing that the performance loss isn't worth it, I don't know.
Saying that they're lame because they don't have it and Canon does makes no sense because you aren't comparing comparing apples to apples. Of course using your reasoning we could say that Nikon sucks because they don't have a 200-400 with a built-in teleconverter like Canon.



Jan 04, 2017 at 09:40 PM
DamC.Licks
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Canon sucks because they make great lenses and lousy sensors.
Nikon sucks because they make great sensors and lousy lenses.
Olympus sucks because the sensor is too small.
Panasonic sucks because their sensors aren't any bigger than Olympus' sensors.
Sony sucks because they don't have enough lenses.
Pentax sucks because they are just different.
Christmas sucks....

...now, where did I leave my iPhone?





Jan 05, 2017 at 08:29 AM
Fred Amico
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


^^


Jan 05, 2017 at 07:42 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


Imagemaster wrote:
Has anyone stacked two of these extenders and used them on the 300 f4 Pro?

Will this combo AF and give decent IQ?


I think you know the answer to the last question without even using the potential combo.....HINT...it starts with an "N"



Jan 07, 2017 at 01:58 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked


arbitrage wrote:
I think you know the answer to the last question without even using the potential combo.....HINT...it starts with an "N"


You missed what I already posted :

Found this on Olympus site though: The teleconverters cannot be stacked, nor can they be used with the EX-25 Extension Tube.




Jan 07, 2017 at 04:09 PM
Iwas joeking
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Oly 300 f4 Pro with two MC-14's stacked




arbitrage wrote:
I think you know the answer to the last question without even using the potential combo.....HINT...it starts with an "N"


Seems obvious but some still need to ask.



Jan 07, 2017 at 05:01 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password