New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

ishinonagare

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

I feel a bit shameless posting all these fairly ordinary looking photos ( by comparison to a lot of the gems of the post processing arts found here on FM ) but in some sense they serve to document the fairly homely and everyday nature of the Austin back street vibe.

This is the Micklethwait BBQ trailer on Rosewood Avenue in East Austin. Just a hop, skip and a jump from Franklin's, you can always run over to Micklethwait's when you get tired of the waiting at Franklins. And the BBQ is good, especially the brisket and frito pie with the jalapeno cheese grits !

Thanks again for looking and your comments, as always, are valued.

© ishinonagare 2016

Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

Jan 01, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

Don't feel shameless for posting this. I love finding places like this, and if I were there right now, would be pigging out on some BBQ!

Jan 02, 2017 at 01:33 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

I agree with Fred! Opportunities for "fine photographs" can be subjective and opportunities to get to those "exotic places" may not present themselves for a multitude of reasons. But that doesn't lessen another type of scene.
Great capture! Here in Maryland...BBQ is a lost art...send that trailer up here please!!
Dan

Jan 02, 2017 at 08:44 AM
Bruce_T
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

Very nice! The funny thing is that I took almost the same picture, except when we visited they had a big tub with a sign above reading "Free Beer!" Apparently they had a agreement with a local brewery, who presumably offered free BBQ with their brews.

Dam' fine BBQ, too. As I recall the sausage was revelatory. My mouth is watering now - need to get back for another visit.

And yes, Danpbphoto, in Maryland one must rely on homemade BBQ.

Jan 02, 2017 at 08:51 AM
ishinonagare

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Micklethwait's BBQ trailer, East Austin

Thanks for the kindness fellas. Here is the menu ...

© ishinonagare 2016

The menu, Micklethwait BBQ trailer, Austin Texas

Jan 02, 2017 at 10:57 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.