Archive 2016 · My Vivid Dream

chuck77
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Vivid Dream

"My Vivid Dream"
© 2016 Visual PoetryJourney

Shot this in a beautiful garden.

I wanted to tell a story about a dreamscape where the beautiful but surreal colours unraveled a world of mystery.

Enjoy!

Dec 31, 2016 at 06:14 PM
talfulano
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Vivid Dream

Young pretty girls often have hair over their eyes when you photograph them but nobody on photo forums likes that so best for positive critique to clear it away.

Dec 31, 2016 at 06:28 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Vivid Dream

I beg to differ. Plenty of revealed faces on Chuck's website -- along with stylistic, mystery-inducing hair-drapes. Lovely processing, nice work.

Dec 31, 2016 at 07:52 PM
chuck77
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Vivid Dream

talfulano wrote:
Young pretty girls often have hair over their eyes when you photograph them but nobody on photo forums likes that so best for positive critique to clear it away.

Thanks. It's always good to receive input to know what people think of my work.

For me, photography exists either as an accurate document of a scene, or as a means to convey an emotion, mood, or story. My style tends to be more artistically driven rather than technically driven where the image must be tack sharp and clear. In truth, I enjoy a sharp, well-lit, well-composed image, but oftentimes it becomes too sterile, too real, and the poetic beauty beneath the visual image becomes distilled into just a one-to-one representation of real life.

This is an interesting point of discussion, and on photo forums like these especially is where the views are more polarizing between the two extremes.

If anything, my studio work (some on my website in the above post) is more technically sound, but studio photography is not my first preference because of the often very commercial-looking photos that it helps create.

I'd love to know the type of photography you enjoy most and what appeals to you.

---------------------------------------------

GoodEgg wrote:
I beg to differ. Plenty of revealed faces on Chuck's website -- along with stylistic, mystery-inducing hair-drapes. Lovely processing, nice work.

Thank you sir! Looking forward to sharing more art and fashion work soon.

Jan 01, 2017 at 02:36 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.