New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

jgoetz4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

I recently purchased a used X-E1 from a member. It looks brand new, and everything works, except the flash. I haven't tried an external unit yet. When I pop it up, the shutter speed changes accordingly, but it does not fire. I have read the manual regarding certain settings, but they are correct. Have not heard back from the seller, but he does have all Great feedback. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. Happy New Year
BTW, firmware is up to date on the lens and camera body.
Seller did respond and said that the camera was in silent mode. I verified that I changed it.

Edited on Jan 01, 2017 at 03:17 PM · View previous versions

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Familiarity
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Please double-check your settings. I ran into the exact same problem when I bought an X-E1, though it happened when I was right there testing it in front of the seller.

I remember that I had heard of the problem in my research and that it was due to a setting (something about a mode where the camera is made silent and for some reason, Fuji decided to disable the flash in this mode). Since I didn't want to waste the seller's time trying to figure out how to undo the setting, I simply reset the camera to factory defaults and the flash fired immediately.

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:06 PM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

I did all of that, including, resetting the camera, and it still does not fire. When it pops up, the flash icon appears in the upper left of the screen, and the shutter speed adjusts accordingly. When I press the shutter, no flash. Thanks for your response
Apparently, it's an electrical problem. I've attached 2 pictures that show flash, and no flash in the EXIF Data. The flash did not fire. I guess I'll send it to Fuji and see what they say...

Jan 01, 2017 at 03:16 PM
Crashton
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Are you in single frame mode? My XE-1 will not fire the flash if I am in continuous low or high. Let us know if that is it.

Jan 02, 2017 at 12:02 AM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Yes, single frame mode. Thanks

Jan 02, 2017 at 10:34 AM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

I'm more concerned why it shows flash, but did not fire.

Jan 02, 2017 at 10:34 AM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Is there a way to revert back to the previous firmware? Thanks

Jan 02, 2017 at 05:18 PM
Crashton
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

I'm not sure how or even if you can revert to an earlier firmware. Maybe you could call Fuji service & see if they can tell you how or if it can be done. Hope they can sort this for you.

Jan 04, 2017 at 03:40 PM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Crashton wrote:
I'm not sure how or even if you can revert to an earlier firmware. Maybe you could call Fuji service & see if they can tell you how or if it can be done. Hope they can sort this for you.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to restore firmware to an earlier version. Thanks.

Jan 05, 2017 at 06:13 AM
Crashton
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Sorry to hear that's not possible. Does your hot shoe work? Maybe you could get a cheap flash to use on it. I've seen the small Fuji shoe mount flashes sell here on FM for not much money.

Jan 05, 2017 at 09:57 AM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji X-E1 flash issue

Crashton wrote:
Sorry to hear that's not possible. Does your hot shoe work? Maybe you could get a cheap flash to use on it. I've seen the small Fuji shoe mount flashes sell here on FM for not much money.

I'm not sure if the hot shoe works at this time, however, after doing a little research, it's quite possible the xenon tube is the problem. When the flash is up, the icon appears in the left corner, and the shutter speed adjusts accordingly to the flash. A few people have experienced that issue, and the ''flash bulb'', as they say, was the problem. Still researching parts and schematics. Thanks.

Jan 06, 2017 at 06:40 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.