New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Which system(s)

Familiarity
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Which system(s)

As mentioned in another recent thread, I'm a Nikon FF and APS-C guy but got deep into Fuji for travel and I have been very happy with them.

I still maintain my Nikon system because of (amateur) event, street and light sports (young adult soccer) photography. They do better in those situations because of faster AF (and likely due to inadequate technique on my part, relying on the AF mechanism too much).

Also, and specifically with my FF Nikons, they give me better low light performance (e.g. poorly lit venues for events). And for portraiture, I like what they do when mated to a decent FF lens.

Sounds like I'm only lukewarm with Fuji but I'm not. I'm very happy with what they give me on my travels.

And often, due to "momentum", I continue to shoot with the Fujis when I get back from a trip, because: 1) they are lying around nearby from being just unpacked and the Nikon gear is put away, and 2) the Fujis are great. I almost don't miss my Nikons.

But then an event will come along where I know the shooting conditions will be tough and I pull out the big guys.

I actually don't find the Nikons too heavy because I don't have pro-level glass (I have mid-grade lenses). And would be content to shoot exclusively with them when at home.

But the other day, when I had been shooting a fair bit with the Nikons, I needed to move some of my Fuji bodies and lenses from one place to another and--WOW! I picked up an X-T10 with the 18-55mm and compared to an FF Nikon with a 70-200 f/4, it was featherweight!

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Tony B
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Which system(s)

Not really pondering between the 2 now. Have bought an XT2 & have 2 x XT10s. I shall also keep my Canon gear as I don't need the cash & I will still have my excellent full frame options when-or if- needed.
Maybe a 6DII if it appears with decent upgrades. No more Canon pro bodies. Famous last words.

Jan 02, 2017 at 04:45 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Which system(s)

Where is the option for a Fuji X and Fuji GFX dual system?

Jan 08, 2017 at 11:27 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Which system(s)

molson wrote:
Where is the option for a Fuji X and Fuji GFX dual system?

Hi, Cliff. Did you recently move to BC ?

Jan 08, 2017 at 12:29 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Which system(s)

jcolwell wrote:
Hi, Cliff. Did you recently move to BC ?

Yes, back in September... unfortunately, the cold and snowy weather seems to have followed us from Alberta...

Jan 08, 2017 at 01:04 PM
Bruce_T
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Which system(s)

Currently have a Nikon D750 but I am considering a mixed kit. The goal would be to use the strengths of each system. The Nikon would be for fast action, shallow depth of field, flash, and tricky light. The Fuji would be for portability - hiking, vacations, and as an always-with-me camera.

I considered M4/3, but it looks like there is not much size penalty for a comparable Fuji kit.

If I can sell a couple more DX lenses I am looking to start with a used X-T1 and the 18-55, or maybe the 27/2.8 or 35/2.

Jan 08, 2017 at 03:13 PM
gbunton

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Which system(s)

More importantly... what do y0u do with your photographs? Comparisons are usless if the only thing you are ever going to do with them is look at them on a digital device. The differences in sensor size and image quality only come into consideration in my opnion if your printing your images.

Jan 09, 2017 at 02:57 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Which system(s)

I voted dual with Canon but actually just finished selling all my Fuji gear this fall. I decided to try the Canon M5 instead to have the option of easily adapting my EF glass.

However after using the M5 over the holidays I may just get rid of it also and forget about mirrorless. I basically wanted mirrorless for compact travel but on all my recent trips I found myself taking out the 5D (SR and now IV) camera instead. I just get on with a DSLR better and find if I really don't want to use my DSLR I'm just as happy with my iPhone 6s.

Jan 09, 2017 at 04:29 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Which system(s)

I switched to Fuji before it was the cool thing to do. I was rockin the xpro1 and the very few lenses that were available then.

When I was a Nikon user I was always searching is this camera better than that one or this lens better than the one i have and so on. Since I have been with Fuji I haven't found the need to wonder what else is out there because what I have is what I need. The only thing I search for now is what Fuji is developing, updating with firmware or what 3rd part manual lenses I can find that are cheap and fun.

Jan 10, 2017 at 01:05 PM
snappu
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Which system(s)

I currently run a Fuji X and Leica M system.

I have a X-T2 with 3 zooms (10-24, 18-55, 55-200) which covers most of my family activities and general photography. It's a versatile system with great IQ. I have no plans of purchasing Fujinon primes as I'd probably have no use for them (I may try adapting M lenses down the line though)

M cameras are irreplaceable for their rangefinder experience and enjoyment factor. I find that all other cameras nowadays, with their advanced features, make photography too easy. Anyone can achieve great results with an EVF and features like eye-AF. I'm a hobbyist so I like a bit more of a challenge for my personal photography. The experience is pure with a rangefinder and when I get everything right there is a level of satisfaction no other camera can provide.

Jan 11, 2017 at 02:01 AM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Which system(s)

snappu wrote:
I currently run a Fuji X and Leica M system.

I have a X-T2 with 3 zooms (10-24, 18-55, 55-200) which covers most of my family activities and general photography. It's a versatile system with great IQ. I have no plans of purchasing Fujinon primes as I'd probably have no use for them (I may try adapting M lenses down the line though)

M cameras are irreplaceable for their rangefinder experience and enjoyment factor. I find that all other cameras nowadays, with their advanced features, make photography too easy. Anyone can achieve great results with an EVF and features like eye-AF.
...Show more

I'm in the same boat at you, except I don't have any Fujinon zooms, just primes. I love having both of these systems as I feel they complement each other very well. If I need AF, then I take my x-t2, otherwise I'll reach for the 246 or 262 (or both) when I have time to slow down and shoot without feeling any pressure to capture the moment.

I love the files I get from Fuji as well as their film emulations. I have the Fuji X to M adapter, and rarely use it. If I do use it, then it's only for the 75mm and longer lenses.

Jan 19, 2017 at 01:06 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.