New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Seller help

Jtull01

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seller help

Hi,
Not new here, but a reader mostly. Ok you experts, in shopping on the Buy & Sell, I like a few (pricy) items from sellers that have low post numbers and no feedback. In your experiences, what is the best way to deal/buy from a no history seller? I feel this forum is well above aboard in its nature alone, but in todays world...well, I a am sure you get it.

Tips, sage advice?

Thanks!

PS Happy Holidays to all

Dec 22, 2016 at 07:43 PM
Jtull01

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seller help

OOPs,
Had I looked at the next post on the section, Id have answers before posting...my bad😁

Dec 22, 2016 at 07:47 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seller help

Jeff Hirsch wrote:
OOPs,
Had I looked at the next post on the section, Id have answers before posting...my bad😁

No problem - glad you found that thread and it helped you. Feel free to ask any questions you have about buying here that might pop up for you. The folks here are very good at helping a fellow member.

Dec 22, 2016 at 09:45 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seller help

First, I am in no way an expert! But this is my normal "workflow".
For "pricey" items I do investigate thoroughly the seller unless I know him or his reputation on FM. I immediately request we talk! That is a must! There are many free websites that allow you to verify name, address and phone number. I ask for any references on purchases/sales.
NO Pay Pal Gift!!!!!...Pictures and any serial numbers a must. If 1st buyer, I request a receipt. If he/she does not have one..get it from the place of purchase. I make sure that there is a return item understanding if I find problems or "item not as described".
I am VERY pro active in buying "pricey" items. You must be also. If seller doesn't like that..tough crap!! Also if it doesn't "feel right"...I pass no matter what. But that is just me...I have NEVER had a problem with "no feedback"/low-no post buyers/sellers here on FM over 13 years. Some have tried, been called out and they suddenly disappear.

I am sure others will chime in here plus this is a very popular topic to do searches on...
Merry Christmas and Good Luck!
Dan

Dec 23, 2016 at 02:54 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password