New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

I'm surprised there haven't been many (any?) images posted from this great new lens yet.

I got mine about a week ago, but the weather hasn't been cooperating with my wanting to get out and test it. I thought I had a window of opportunity today, but the light disappeared after two or three shots... here's the best of what I came back with.

Sandstone Formations, Descanso Beach Regional Park, Gabriola Island

Dec 21, 2016 at 07:44 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

C'mon, people... post 'em if you got 'em... or you will be forced to endure more of my photos.

This was was shot at f/16, trying for a sun star, but the clouds were starting to move in and partially obscured the sun.

Descanso Bay Regional Park, Gabriola Island

Dec 22, 2016 at 01:11 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

I don't have one, so can't contribute. But wanted to comment just to say I love how you use the foreground in these pics. That first picture messed with my mind a few times as I scrolled down and experienced the transition from the background to the in-your-face foreground. Excellent!

Dec 22, 2016 at 03:34 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

I guess I must be the only person on this forum using this fantastic lens... so here are a couple of images from today's outing to keep the thread alive.

Malaspina Galleries

Malaspina Galleries

Feb 23, 2017 at 08:15 PM
Pius Sullivan
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

Nice Work, Cliff.

Pius

Feb 23, 2017 at 09:43 PM
Pius Sullivan
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

Nice Work, Cliff.

Pius

Feb 23, 2017 at 09:43 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

molson wrote:
I'm surprised there haven't been many (any?) images posted from this great new lens yet.

I'm really not surprised; for the price, you have to really want f/2.8 given how good and cheap the stabilized f/4 lens is. That's a really limited market, these days, as it's basically down to PJ and event shooting that can make use of f/2.8, or for photogs that can make use of f/2.8 and only want to own/carry one 16-35 lens, because for most PJ work the version II is more than competent and it's still more expensive than the f/4 version.

Feb 24, 2017 at 04:11 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Official Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III Images Thread

johnctharp wrote:
I'm really not surprised; for the price, you have to really want f/2.8 given how good and cheap the stabilized f/4 lens is. That's a really limited market, these days, as it's basically down to PJ and event shooting that can make use of f/2.8, or for photogs that can make use of f/2.8 and only want to own/carry one 16-35 lens, because for most PJ work the version II is more than competent and it's still more expensive than the f/4 version.

Same reason anyone buys the version II of the 24-70mm f2.8 or 70-200mm f2.8, or any other improved and upgraded lens; you can always make do with cheaper or older gear if you have to, but not everyone wants to just "make do".

I never touched my 16-35mm f4L IS again after trying this one...

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.