New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

elkhornsun
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

Has anyone else experience problems with the rate of battery discharge with their E-M1 Mark II camera? I had a fully charged battery in the camera and after a day of making settings changes and taking a few shots I found the next morning that the battery was completely discharged. And yes the camera was switched off over the night.

Dec 19, 2016 at 09:16 PM
Bobg657
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

For me the battery life has been excellent, perhaps there is a charger or battery problem. Did the charger light turn green?

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:05 PM
DamC.Licks

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

I have read that the light blinks when charging. Before, blinking meant the battery was shot or that the contact was not good.

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Brian Wadie
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

no problems for me, its performing excellently 600 - 800 shots, including reviews, playing with menus etc typically leaves me with around 50% charge.

I have Wi-Fi off as is the eye detector (I have it set to EVF and the screen closed to the body)

The flashing light indicates how far it is along the charge process, frequency gets faster as the battery approaches full charge at which point it goes green

Dec 20, 2016 at 02:24 AM
Iwas joeking
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

No issues here. I shot 2,900 images yesterday in - 10 to - 15 Celsius and still had 34% battery left!

Dec 20, 2016 at 07:21 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

Unlike most others, I have not been impressed with the battery life. Shoot mostly with LCD screen closed and little pixel-peeping. Pretty sure these batteries do not have "memory effect" and need to be fully discharged.

I have 4 batteries and they are all genuine Oly ones.

Jan 16, 2017 at 03:29 PM
Brian Wadie
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

"Pretty sure these batteries do not have "memory effect" and need to be fully discharged."

I have two batteries which are recharged mostly when they get down to around 30% charge (only one down to warning). Over 40 charges between the two and no sign of a memory effect yet

The only way I can significantly reduce the shots / charge from >1500 is by doing a lot of single frame shooting, followed by reviewing the images, fiddling with menu setting and the like, even then I got >600 shots

Cold weather also can reduce the battery capacity more rapidly a shoot in -6C dropped mine by around 10% but recovered when I warmed it back up when I got it home (from around 48% charge to 53% charge)

Jan 16, 2017 at 03:38 PM
Iwas joeking
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

Shot in minus 18 weather a week ago or so and took ~3,700 images before the battery dropped below 10%. Thats with image review off, turning the camera off when not needed and not much pixel peeping.

Jan 16, 2017 at 04:07 PM
-Michael

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · E-M1 Mark II battery life

Iwas joeking wrote:
Shot in minus 18 weather a week ago or so and took ~3,700 images before the battery dropped below 10%. Thats with image review off, turning the camera off when not needed and not much pixel peeping.

That's better than what I get at similar temps. But my E-M II battery life is still much better than the E-M1 under similar circumstances - perhaps double.

Jan 16, 2017 at 07:41 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.