Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              9      
10
       end
  

Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread
  
 
SR777
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #1 · p.10 #1 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread


This thread made me go back to the archives. This is from my first DSLR, the 20D.




  Canon EOS 20D    300.0 mm lens    600mm    f/6.3    1/320s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  




May 05, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Methodical
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #2 · p.10 #2 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread


A few with the 1D3 and 50D. I still have the 1D3 and it's still produces great images.






  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF400mm f/5.6L USM +1.4x lens    560mm    f/8.0    1/640s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF200mm f/2.8L USM +1.4x lens    280mm    f/8.0    1/800s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS 50D    EF300mm f/4L IS USM lens    300mm    f/4.0    1/320s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  Canon EOS 50D    EF300mm f/4L IS USM lens    300mm    f/4.0    1/250s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  




May 07, 2017 at 12:39 AM
Ruffo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #3 · p.10 #3 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread


Methodical wrote:
A few with the 1D3 and 50D. I still have the 1D3 and it's still produces great images.



I agree........and it gives me an idea for another discussion.



May 07, 2017 at 03:13 PM
Methodical
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #4 · p.10 #4 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread


Ruffo wrote:
I agree........and it gives me an idea for another discussion.


What's brewing inside your head?




May 07, 2017 at 03:58 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Ruffo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #5 · p.10 #5 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread


Methodical wrote:
What's brewing inside your head?



It would be opening a huge can of worms but basically it would get down to the nuts and bolts of how the reality of the IQ a particular camera body produces is not always predictable just by studying the specifications.

From the 1Ds to the 40D to the 1DIII to the 1Dx, there have always been cameras that seemed to produce superior images from an IQ standpoint than do cameras that, on paper, have better technical specifications.



May 07, 2017 at 05:57 PM
Methodical
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #6 · p.10 #6 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread




Ruffo wrote:
It would be opening a huge can of worms but basically it would get down to the nuts and bolts of how the reality of the IQ a particular camera body produces is not always predictable just by studying the specifications.

From the 1Ds to the 40D to the 1DIII to the 1Dx, there have always been cameras that seemed to produce superior images from an IQ standpoint than do cameras that, on paper, have better technical specifications.


Oh oh. I will get the popcorn and coke for that one.



May 08, 2017 at 03:03 PM
Gricoh
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #7 · p.10 #7 · Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread


Some taken with a 1 DS III, a camera so obsolete, apparently every sony ever built is a better camera, including the laptops and toasters.
Of course, only taken with lenses that get bent over a bathtub by much better Sigma or Sony alternatives on DxO Mark.















May 22, 2017 at 08:24 PM
1       2       3              9      
10
       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              9      
10
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password