greatw

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Diana @ Botanic Garden

Dec 18, 2016 at 09:44 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Diana @ Botanic Garden

Lovely subject and set. I especially like #1 and #4 where she is simply present in the frame. I would like to see a full body shot as that might offer some variety to those where she is cropped and off to one side.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:18 PM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Diana @ Botanic Garden

These are gorgeous! Have you tried warming them up a bit to see if that look appeals to you?

Dec 19, 2016 at 05:58 AM
nygfan44
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Diana @ Botanic Garden

Very nice as a series! I'd be proud to say I shot these. However, the first image seems a bit "static" for my liking. I think I'd prefer a bit tighter crop, just to pull focus in on the subject.

Dec 19, 2016 at 03:20 PM
Familiarity
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Diana @ Botanic Garden

I'm using my first post to compliment you, greatw, on your set!

I love the green of the foliage and Diana's skin tone. Are you using a Fuji X-series?

My favorites are 4 and 6.

Dec 20, 2016 at 06:56 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Diana @ Botanic Garden

Nice images, but there's room for improvement.

Image 1. Your background is very cluttered. Your model looks very rigid and uncomfortable. Move the model more forward of the background and use a larger aperture for your image. Tell the model a joke or two to get her to lighten up. I would crop some of the sides of this image.

Image 2. Your white balance is off, and your model has bluish/green skin tones. Your composition is questionable. The tree appears to be the subject in the image not the model. This location may have worked with a vertical composition, and the white balance tweaked a bit.

Image 3 is not too bad. I would have put the model just a bit more to the right. I would clone out the blue blob in the middle.

Image 4 is not too bad. It is tricky to pull off a nice shot with OOF elements in the foreground. In this case IMHO it doesn't work. Others may disagree.

I like image 5 the best because you're using a larger aperture, and the cluttered background is out of focus and not as distracting. However, there are white balance issues in this image also.

Image 6 isn't too bad. Again I think a larger aperture would have been better. I think a portrait composition would have been better.

Did you shoot any portrait compositions at all?

Nice set.

Good luck.

Thanks for sharing your images.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.