1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · If price wasn't an issue, which alt lens would you go for

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · If price wasn't an issue, which alt lens would you go for

Mathieu18 wrote:
If per chance price was an issue and I was broke, I'd go for the V3 Minolta 35-70 Macro... https://www.adaptedlenses.com/lenses/12/2016. It's most of the Contax's quality at about 1/4 of the price.

Same for the Tamron SP 35-80/2.8-3.8.

Dec 21, 2016 at 05:33 PM
MAubrey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · If price wasn't an issue, which alt lens would you go for

Mathieu18 wrote:
If per chance price was an issue and I was broke, I'd go for the V3 Minolta 35-70 Macro... https://www.adaptedlenses.com/lenses/12/2016. It's most of the Contax's quality at about 1/4 of the price.

Those are impressive results. Definitely something to consider. Right now, my 2x zoom is an OM 35-70/4, which can only be described as 'decent'.

Dec 21, 2016 at 05:35 PM
rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · If price wasn't an issue, which alt lens would you go for

Mathieu18 wrote:
To the off topic question I fortunately got my "dream lens" a Contax 35/1.4 MMJ a few months ago. I'm quite happy. Now I just need to build out a whole Contax set.

Fortunately, that is a relatively affordable endeavor (with one or two exceptions) compared to the flights of fancy in this thread. I'm surprised no-one mentioned the CZ Tele-Superachromat.

Dec 21, 2016 at 06:35 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · If price wasn't an issue, which alt lens would you go for

Zeiss Makro 100mm & Leica Elmarit 90mm

Dec 21, 2016 at 07:47 PM
trogdon
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · If price wasn't an issue, which alt lens would you go for

MAubrey wrote:
Those are impressive results. Definitely something to consider. Right now, my 2x zoom is an OM 35-70/4, which can only be described as 'decent'.

I owned a Minolta 35-70 3.5 and a Canon FD 35-70 f4 at the same time, the canon was a better lens. Sharper wide open and stopped down, focused twice as close throughout the range (but no macro mode), and in general just a better optic throughout the range. The haptics though are awful, the inner elements ride on a plastic thread so infinity would sometimes be on the hard stop, other times be at the 5ft marker. If only it were better built, it would be incredibly hard to fault! It is cheaper though, mine sat unsold on eBay for $15 for a month before I decided to just keep it

Dec 21, 2016 at 08:08 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.