Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

joeybk85

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Hi,
I'm going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico in a few days. I didn't find a whole lot of advice online about shooting locations.

I have an underwater housing for my camera so would like to do some snorkelling.

I'm also bringing a telephoto lens and would like to shoot some colourful birds or iguanas or other exotic animals.

My main interests though are landscapes and cityscapes.

I'll be in an all inclusive resort which is not my first choice but will be going with family.
Thanks!

Dec 16, 2016 at 03:46 AM
JohnC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Rent a car and go see the Mayan ruins. Tulum and Nohuch Mul are close by, Chichen Itza and Uxmal are about three hours away. Go early if you want pictures without crowds. The old colonial towns such as Merida and Valladolid have beautiful central plazas. The cenotes (freshwater caves) are refreshing and interesting to photograph. Avenida Cinquo in Playa del Carmen is very touristy but worth photographing especially near the ferry terminal.

Dec 16, 2016 at 05:26 PM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Get up at 6 and take a rental car to Chichen Itza. I stayed at one of those all inclusives, but it was stifling, although a pleaser for my traveling companions. So I got a car and ventured around for a very full day. Chechen itza and Tulum and the driving were enough. Uxmal was simply way too far and the days are short this time of year.

Interestingly I'm in Isla Mujeres just off the north coast of Cancun right now. Enjoying it far more than a resort, but YMMV.

Dec 20, 2016 at 02:28 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

There were numerous iguanas in Tulum when I was there, so it may satisfy two interests for you.

Dec 22, 2016 at 04:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pedwatt
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Take the ferry over to Cozumel and snorkel along the west coast

Dec 25, 2016 at 09:26 PM
mfenske

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Yeah, definitely check out Tulum and do it yourself. It's like 70 peso to enter and if you get there early the tourists won't be so bad. It's absolutely beautiful and if you could be there early or late you'd get some amazing shots. The Coba ruins were also pretty awesome.

Jan 02, 2017 at 04:32 AM
sjordan93436
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photo locations in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Ek Balam is an overlooked site. It has original wall paintings and cartouche. Not crowded at all.

We loved the night "tour" of xochimilco. A taste of regional Mexican food and music. Not much photo opportunities

Jan 08, 2017 at 05:58 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password