New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

Who uses their cintiq with Lightroom CC and what size do you use?

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

I'm guessing no one likes their cintiq

Dec 17, 2016 at 03:01 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

or maybe not many people *have* Cintiq's.

Dec 17, 2016 at 08:35 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

I hope some will offer their thoughts about this. I was just looking at the Mobile Studio Pro 13 and 16 and would like to hear how well these devices work with LR myself.

These all look nice to me and could open a new door of freedom to edit work.

Dave

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

howardm4 wrote:
or maybe not many people *have* Cintiq's.

Or can afford them - they are definitely fall under the "pro" category on my financial scale. I'm sure there are a few folk here with them though.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

Well if you don't have an cintiq do you use a intuos with lightroom?

Dec 18, 2016 at 07:27 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

for me, only for brush-type work. I dont find the slider size and interface particularly friendly to a tablet/stylus.

Dec 18, 2016 at 08:33 PM
jharter
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

Yes, the standard Wacom tablets work well with lightroom. I am left handed. I use a small Wacom tablet with its stylus in my left hand, a trackball with my right hand, and a keyboard in between the two.

I use the stylus more for brushing than point and clicking. It is far superior for use as a brush. Once you get used to it, you will find it indispensable.

Dec 18, 2016 at 08:43 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

I use Intuous with Lightroom and find that it's a big help -- definitely for brush work, but also for just navigating around. The small size is actually an advantage (less physical distance to travel). An additional benefit is "mixing it up". I'm getting seriously painful repetitive strain injuries from using computers so much. Having a good mouse at my right hand, a Logitech trackpad at my left hand, and an Intuous for Lightroom helps spread the pain around...

The learning curve is not that steep. In my multi-monitor setup, I have the tablet locked to one monitor when LR is active (so I don't have to worry about the cursor leaving the work area).

Dec 18, 2016 at 09:35 PM
walts.photo
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

Ditto for me - a small Intuos for brush work in LR and PS.

Can't seem to use it for very long. Never found a comfortable position where I could access keyboard shortcuts and use the tablet. So, it just dedicated for freehand drawing types of movements.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Using a Wacom cintiq with lightroom cc

lighthound wrote:
I hope some will offer their thoughts about this. I was just looking at the Mobile Studio Pro 13 and 16 and would like to hear how well these devices work with LR myself.

These all look nice to me and could open a new door of freedom to edit work.

Dave

I have a Mobile Studio Pro 16. I haven't tested it with Lightroom, but I've tested it with arguably more demanding software (Photoshop, Maya, zBrush, Painter). Performance is very impressive and the display is simply beautiful, but I don't see an investment in a MobileStudio as very useful if LR is your principal use. The machine is a digital drawing, painting, and sculpting tool, and for those tasks, it is better than pretty much anything else out there. It has the horsepower to drive LR, but $2500-$3000 is a lot of money to spend to get that kind of power.

Jan 09, 2017 at 04:13 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.