FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2016 · Should I switch?

J.Andrew

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Should I switch?

cputeq wrote:
Seems to be isolated cases to me. Plus, the internet suffers selection bias, as people are more likely to vocalize their problems than say 'nothing to report'.

I'd highly suggest, though, you take the camera for a 'trial run' through the type of shooting you'll do in your job, just to make sure nothing is amiss.

I can only speak to my XT2, but it works great - shot about 2700 photos in one day during a motocross event, swapping lenses about 10 times and using a Wasabi as well as a Fuji battery, no problems (AF-C and high performance enabled).

Do note,
...Show more

I agree. Bad news travels much faster than happy users! Can't blame them though!

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:15 AM
J.Andrew

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Should I switch?

Edward Castro wrote:
I'll chime in and report no issues with my X-T2, either gripped or non-gripped.

That is comforting news!

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:23 AM
J.Andrew

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Should I switch?

drewmey wrote:
I recall Tony Northrup saying that he had some issues with an XT-2. He was somehow able to narrow down the problem. I forget if he said that it was from using an XT-1 battery or a specific SD card when in burst mode. Something along those lines...maybe both simultaneously. I'd check out his longer review of the camera. I think he explained it and still recommended it because it was an isolated occurrence that was avoidable for him at least.

I do believe you are correct. I vaguely remember watching that I believe. I think some people were experiencing problems with batteries along with different speed cards etc....Not sure if that was the definitive problem or not. Knock on wood, no problems as of now. I get the grip this week also, so I will be playing with that. I do have a promaster battery, so I think I will charge that one up and do some testing and see what that brings. I know that all brands have the're lemons, so I am hopeful that this is the case for the unfortunate few.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Should I switch?

Oh and just for additional information, I've only used NP-W126S batteries.

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Steve Brandt
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Should I switch?

I switched from Nikon D7200 and haven't looked back for a second. Having the EVF has changed the way I shoot and it paires with the swivel screen has allowed me to get shots i never would have seen otherwise. The simplicity of the menus and button layout is amazing. Feel of the camera(many complain about lack of grip or substantial grip but I don't see it as an issue) is so good and the lenses are soooo nice, not to mention smaller and lighter so that is a plus. As one guy I heard talk about mirror less shooting "when you are tired and in pain you are less creative so that is one more reason to switch to mirrorless since you will shoot better when not under that pressure"

I rented the xt1 for like 10 days I think with the 16-55 2.8 and shot a couple weddings and walk around stuff and fell in love with it, so I knew the updates of the xt2 would make me love it even more. Bought the xt2 with an amazon credit line and sold all my nikon stuff. Can't say enough about the Fujifilm! Shot one of the Sony a7 models and did not like it anywhere near as much as this. Focus peaking was the only cool part about it well that and the ability to shoot AF on canon glass... but yeah man, rent it if need be and just go play, I would almost bet money that you will make the switch or at least have it as your main camera and use the Canon stuff as backup.

#fujifilmforlife

Jan 15, 2017 at 01:35 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.